Sunday, February 26, 2012

Off We Go Into The Wild Blue Yonder

February 26, 2012

It's only 6 a.m. but Tootsie and I been up for a while now.   Must be nervousness.  Plus there are still some last minute things to do.  I tried getting by with only a small suitcase, but that did not work, so I repacked into a bigger one.  All items with chargers have been charged up, and will now go back into the carry on bag.  Our clothes are laid out, and there are butterflies living in our tummies. 

People have been telling me about some really bad changes coming regarding taking pets on the plane.  I've heard that they will be putting all pets into a storage place and charging an enormous amount of money for their tickets.  Personally, I think this is outrageous.

First, pets don't take up any seat room.  They have to be in a carrier under the seat in front of you.  Second, for this privilege, you have to pay at least $200.  If these changes do take place, this will most likely be my last flight with Tootsie.  But  that's okay, we have a car, and can drive to where ever we want to go.  That's unfortunate for the airlines because not only do they lose the pet's ticket fare, but they lose my fare too.

Last night, I got an email from the airline with the okay to print out my boarding pass.  This was a surprise because usually they don't give you an e-ticket when you are traveling with a pet.  I'm not complaining though, it's already printed out and tucked into my carry on bag. 

Yesterday, my granddaughter Jasmine and her teammates took first place in their cheerleading championship competition.  CONGRATULATIONS, Jasmine!   While she was at her competition, Eddie stopped by with Kevin and Jack Jack.  (grandson and great grandson)   I'm not sure how the little one got the nick name Jack Jack, but it must be because there is a Jack Sr, a Jack Jr, and now a Jack Jack.  

Both boys are growing so big, and ever so handsome.   I know, I'm biased.  But then grandmothers can be!  Did I mention that great grandbaby number six is expected around the end of June?   It will be a girl, and that will round it out evenly to three girls and three boys.  Sometimes it pays to live a long life!

Here is a photo of Jazz from yesterday's competition.  I took a photo of the photo with my camera  because I don't have time to do any scanning this morning.   Am I a proud lady?  You betcha!!


Now I think I'll have me another cup of coffee, and do a bit of blog reading.  Each morning, I like to catch up on my favorite blogs.  It's sort of like getting together over a cup of coffee and chatting about how things are going for us.  Nice! 

That's all for now.  Till tomorrow, (if my Broadband2Go does what it's supposed to do) Y'all have a fabulous day.  This photo is me and my little Tootsie in a few hours, flying off into the wild blue yonder.


Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

The Queen Jester said...

Have a great trip and enjoy the warmth of Floria!