Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Happy Leap Year Day!

February 29, 2012

Now there's date you don't get to write very often!  Today is Leap Year Day.   I've read somewhere that people who experience the most leap year days get to live the longest.  I've been here for 19 of them, and I'm shooting for about 28 of them (with lots of luck and good health).  It's good to dream big!

Remember all those items that I touched and lost during the process of packing?  Well, will wonders never cease!  They all showed up here in the "mail away" box.   I must have tossed them into the box to fill it up, and then forgot all about it.  Tootsie was ever so glad to see the box get here.  It was full of her treats and pee pads. 

My Tootsie has decided that she really likes the marble floor tiles here.  They feel really good against her tummy.  Plus, she loves to lay in the doorway to the porch where she can hear everything that is happening. 



Would you like to see the view from my screened in porch?   It's such a great place to sit and enjoy a cup of coffee or read a book (or just relax).  I took this photo yesterday while I doing a bit of blog hopping.


This view is looking a bit to the side.  The tall flower pot with the red plant is next to the gate leading in to the hot tub and pool.  To the right of the stairs, by the two white chairs, is the laundry room.  How's that for being close to everything? 

While I was sitting on the porch yesterday, I noticed a bird right nearby.  Finally!   The nice part is that this bird didn't even mind me taking its' photo.  Actually, it looked quite happy.


We had us another nice walk yesterday.  I'm going to try to go for a walk every day, and maybe by the time I get home, I can keep it up.  With a little luck, maybe I can leave a few of these extra pounds behind when it's time to go home.  Wouldn't that be nice?

I also got to work a bit on the March collab kit.  Now I just have to figure out the e-mail thing.  I need to sit down and try to get to my email and clean a lot of it out.  Plus there's probably a lot waiting to be answered.  So that's my project for today. 

While I was at Walmart yesterday, I bought a hair brush.  This one is different than the one I have at home.  This one has little round tips on the bristles.  To be perfectly honest, it doesn't work as good as the dinner fork.  So, I'll keep looking.

Now I think I'll be getting dressed and take Tootsie out for a walk.  It's an absolutely gorgeous day here, and we don't want to miss any of it!  Till tomorrow, Y'all have an awesome day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

Nani said...

Your brush wasn't in the mail box, huh? Brushes are one of the hardest things to replace! There are so many types and there's never any more than one type that really works for anyone. The brush I have that I love the most was in the drugstore's dollar section!

The view is so nice, peaceful and warm-looking! I told David that when I go to your blog right now, I'm sharing a cup of cyber-coffee with you on your warm Florida porch! :)

Have a great day!
Hugs, Nani

The Queen Jester said...

It looks lovely there. Texas seems kind of dirty and depressing to me, I think I like Florida better - more plants and things to photo. Although, as we drove back I could see things starting to green up and wildflowers were beginning to bloom about a days drive north, so maybe it was just too early for the pretty foliage to start up.