Monday, January 30, 2012

A Very Special Young Man

January 30, 2012

Good afternoon.  Last night was not a good night for sleeping thanks to my cold, so this morning I stayed in bed late.  After getting up for Tootsie's meds, I went right back to bed.  The best thing I can say about this cold is that I was fortunate to be off from work this past week. 

Hopefully, later today I will feel better enough to make our air travel reservations.  Time is slipping by quickly and before you know it, we'll be packing a suitcase.  I'm hoping for lots of warm sunshine when we get to Florida.  Audrey will be there too, and it would be nice to go on a few photo shoots.

Today, I want to share a photo of someone very special.  He's my youngest grandson, and quite a wonderful young man.  He was born three months early and weighed in around two and a half pounds.  He spent his first few months in the hospital, and was "touch and go" for his first year or two.  But my oh my, look at him now!


Koolaid (his sports name) is very good at both football and baseball.  Wouldn't it be nice one day to see his photo right up there alongside the pros?  We're all very proud of this young man.  Who'd have thought that a teeny tiny two pound baby would grow up to be such a strong strapping young man?  And the best part?  He's a really nice person.

No rants today.  I'm going to take my little dog and head back to my bed.  I need to feel better by tomorrow night because it's back to work then.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

Nani said...

Your grandson is definitely a miracle-story! Player of the year and th cover of the magazine is fantastic!

I’m glad you’re getting the extra sleep to battle your cold, even though I was starting to get concerned when it was lunch time and there was still no new Edna-post. I read lots of blogs throughout the day, but yours is always first.

Get the rest you need and feel better!
Hugs, Nani

smiekeltje said...

This grandson looks fantastic! And what a life story! You might consider it a little miracle.
Beat that cold Edna! Hope you will feeling much better by the time you have to go to work again.
Have a good day!
Hugs
Kyra

Chris Allport said...

Dear Edna

What a wonderful story about your grandson.

My eldest grandson Tyler is 3 years old but when he was born 12 weeks early he only weighed in at 1lb 10oz - that's less than a packet of sugar. He spent 11 weeks in hospital before they allowed him home at the weight of 4 lbs. Although he is a happy lively boy he is a little small for his age and still stick thin. Mind you, his Dad was a skinny little thing so perhaps he has plenty of time to catch up.

Hope you feel better soon.

See you tomorrow - I come to your blog every day.

Lots of luv

Chris

The Queen Jester said...

What a handsome young man! It's amazing what modern medicine can achieve these days. It would be sad to think he wouldn't be part of this life just because of a rocky start. Great story - thanks for sharing.