Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Surprise! Surprise! It Snowed A Bit!

January 17, 2012

That weatherman is such a miserable soul.  He promises us such a wonderful warm day, BUT it's going to rain off and on all day.  Now that's just not nice!  On top of that, I got up this morning to find everything outside covered with a light layer of snow.  That was a surprise.  Needless to say, I did not pay enough attention to the weather channel yesterday. 

The weather is not looking so good for my friends in Ohio either.   Even Texas is looking rather cool, although Florida at least will be warm.  My grandson is in Florida with his Dad, and was looking forward to some nice warm temperatures.

Eddie will be here shortly to take me shopping for some things for the house, so this will have to be a short post.  Hopefully, my headache will be gone.  I just took some Excedrin Migraine, which usually works pretty good. 

I have a photo to share that I took I took yesterday.  When my Tootsie isn't lying on top of her scrunched up blanket, she usually places a couple of her favorite toys on it.  This keeps them warm and safe when she isn't playing with them.  At least that's why I think she does it.  Here you see her little red bear and her yellow bottle ducky.  There's a plastic water bottle inside the ducky that makes a crinkly sound whenever you touch it.  When Tootsie was a puppy, she would spend hours chomping on empty plastic bottles to hear the sounds.


I will have another freebie for you in a couple of days.  I just have to get it packaged and uploaded.   Now it's time for me to get dressed.  Dee Dee will stay here with Tootsie while I'm shopping.  This will be a treat for Tootsie.  It's more fun for her to stay here in our little space with someone when I am out instead of having to stay out in the main part of the house.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a wonderful day and stay warm.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

The Queen Jester said...

Tootsie is such a tidy little dog taking good care of her toys. She must have learned that from her mama.

Nani said...

It’s not nice to be fooled by Mother Nature! We woke at 6:30 because it was raining so hard. 50 degrees before 9AM and now we’re due for snow tonight. I sis find out that when it rains that hard and we’re all in bed, Carla doesn’t run for the closet. I guess she feels safe with her Daddy! Kaline usually stays close to me when it storms, so cozy in bed worked for her too.

Tootsie’s blanket is like her safe deposit box? It reminds me of the dog in the TV commercial trying to protect his stuff from the cat burglar.

Hope that headache doesn’t last long. Keep warm!

Hugs, Nani

smiekeltje said...

Hope the snow disappears quickly togther with your headache!
She is a rather organized girl, that naughty Tootsie!
Sweet of DeeDee to stay with Tootsie!
Have a headache free day
Hugs
Kyra