Friday, January 27, 2012

Such A "Sassy" Little Dog!

January 27, 2012

Ick!  It's wet and gray outside today, and quite foggy in some spots.  The rain is light and is supposed to last all day.  BUT!!  Not to fear!  Mr. Weather Man says that tomorrow will be sunny again.  Actually, it looks like sunshine for a whole week with temps between 39 and 53.  For this, I can manage a little rain!

Yesterday, Tootsie and I went to the park for a photo shoot.  We met up with Dee Dee and Eddie and their little doggie, Sassy.  I'm not sure where the name "Sassy" came from, but this is one sparky little girl.  She doesn't care how big the other dog is, to her it's snack food!  And, believe it or not, she is only half the size of my Tootsie.

Because I have to work on Portrait photography for my newest assignment,  I took a lot of photos of Sassy.  This wasn't as easy as it sounds because she is constantly moving.  Here she is (with Eddie).


And here are my "portrait" shots of our Miss Sassy.  I tried to get the many expressions that make up her personality.




Isn't she just the cutest little thing?  Just don't reach out to pat her!!  You might need that hand later!

I took lots of photos of the birds too, but I will spread my photos out over a few days.  Actually, I took so many photos that I had to put a new card in my camera.  Sorting through these photos should keep me busy for quite a while.

Today, I had the oxygen concentrator and tanks taken out of my house.  I've been paying for them for a long time and only used them a few times, but the billing office has been billing me for quite some now for equipment I don't have.  I'm tired of arguing  with them every month, so now I'm finished with them.  If I need oxygen in the future, my doctor will just have to find another company.

They are showing the flooding in Texas on the TV.  Most of the state is still in a state of drought, while a few areas are under water.  It makes me wonder why no one has yet thought to build a water pipeline to carry excess water to other areas of the state.  Actually, this should be done throughout the country.  It would be a life saver in many places when the wild fires are burning.

Now I'm off to rustle up some lunch for Miss Tootsie and me.  (I know, poor English!)  Till tomorrow, Y'all stay warm and dry, and have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

The Queen Jester said...

I love your closeup portraits of Sassy - very nice.

We haven't seen rain at all since we arrived. Not sure it will ever hit, I wish it would for their sake, it's so dry.

Nani said...

Sassy was Carla's shelter-name. She has a plaintive voice and she talks a lot, maybe that's where Sassy came from.

Sassy-pup is cute! Maybe she gets her sassy eating big dogs! LOL

I agree with you on the pipeline - if they can pipe oil, surely they can pipe much less volatile water!

Have a great weekend, Edna!
Hugs, Nani

smiekeltje said...

The close-ups of Sassy are wonderful!!!!
If we "ordinary, simple"people can think of a pipeline for water, which could be done, why governmental people don't?
It's all a question of money and profit, I assume.
Have a swell weekend
Hugs
Kyra