Monday, January 23, 2012

Need A Special Gift For Someone?

January 23, 2012

Good morning.  Did anyone besides me see the snow this morning?  From around 3 am to 6 am?  I wonder how the weather man missed this!  The good part is that between the warm temps today and the rain today and tonight, most of the snow should disappear. 

We finally got our next lesson in the Photography class, and it is about portrait photography.  Now I just have to find some willing subjects to pose for me.  The Mrs let me take a couple photos of her as long as I promised not to post them here on the blog.  She has just had eye surgery and is not at her best.  Maybe one of the dwarfs will oblige me.  Maybe if I bribe them?

You know how it's difficult to buy gifts for some folks?  Well I found several places on line that sell absolutely fascinating gifts.  For example:  For your friends and family who are into taxidermy here is a wonderful wall plaque.


And for those folks on your gift list who enjoy music and love pickles, there is a yodeling pickle.  Isn't this just perfect?


And how about us nature lovers?  Even though I don't want the squirrels in my home, I do feed them.  I couldn't sleep at night knowing that they were hungry and freezing out there.  And a good way for them to start their day is with a steamy hot cup of coffee.  This mug is just perfect!  (I bet you don't have this mug in your collection, Nani!)


No, I haven't lost all of my marbles.  At least not quite!  It doesn't take much to amuse me, so it's been a fun and informative morning for me.  I found lots more unique gifts, but I'll save them for another day. 

I don't really have much news for today, so I think I'll have me a cup of coffee and think about maybe pushing the vacuum cleaner around for a bit.  The dust bunnies are starting to make demands so I think it's time to get rid of a few of them.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a fabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Nani said...

We had a deluge of rain this morning! There were about 3 inches of snow and most, not all, of it washed away. We’re due for rain, warm, then warm-and-cold-snow-and-rain the rest of the week. Total “IDK Weather.” The weather is like a 4-year-old. “What did you do?” “I dunnoooo…” “What will you do now?” “I dunnoooo…” Humph. I’m glad you have your vacation plans set to get away to hopefully some stable warmer weather!

No, I don’t have that mug, but I want it! Of course, I’d need a stuffed squirrel to hold it. I got hazelnut K-Cups for Christmas too! :) I found the squirrel mug online and have it bookmarked. hehe

David is due home from giving platelets soon, so I need to get ready for cooking up brunch. He’ll be hungry when he gets in!

Stay, warm, dry, cool, as needed!
Hugs, Nani

The Queen Jester said...

Fun gift suggestions - only you would find a yodeling pickles.

suruha said...

You are too cute! ROFL How does that song go, "I don't want a pickle; I just wanna ride on my motorcycle." LOL
I'm hanging in there. I just don't have any energy! I went online yesterday and checked e-mail, caught up with a few downloads and responded to a few things. I typed "Thank you, this is so nice!" once, copied it, then, pasted it into each of the comment boxes I encountered. Isn't that awful?! But, hey, I thanked them! LOL
When I posted the article about the 30-Minute Redesign, yesterday, I posted today's post and set it to publish at 11:00 this morning. That was convenient 'cause I stayed in bed this morning for a long time.
A nurse is supposed to come tomorrow a.m. to answer questions and show me the 'ropes', I guess. Whoopee! Sounds like fun! LOL
I'll try to give ya a jingle or message you after she leaves.

Hugses,
Su