Thursday, January 26, 2012

I Just Love Polka Dots!

January 26, 2012

It's a pleasant sunny morning here in my little part of the world.  Tomorrow is supposed to 50 degrees, but it's going to rain all day so sayeth the weather man.  I can't complain though, because when the dry spells come in the summer, I'll be wishing for some of this rain. 

Yesterday Tootsie and I got a few errands done.  And, when my daughter in law got here, she and I made a trip to Costco.  It was time to stock up again on Tootsie's favorite treats, chicken jerky tenders.  Then after enjoying a supreme pizza for supper, we watched last week's episode of Project Runway All Stars.  The designers were instructed to make an outrageously beautiful dress for Miss Piggy. 

Wow, some of the designs were simply awesome.  We pick our favorite designs, and try to figure which one will be the judges' favorite.  My favorite color is orange, and I absolutely love polka dots.  So of course, my favorite was Rami's design.  It was white with pink and orange polka dots, and so perky and very feminine.  Alas, it did not win, but it was the runner up.  I got this shot off the internet, so it's not quite clear, but isn't this adorable?  Oh, to be young and thin again!!


Janet also brought me a lovely surprise yesterday.  She said she saw it  and it had my name all over it so she had to buy if for me.  It is all elements that I love - paper, fun pens and polka dots!


You know, mothers in law and daughters in law don't have the best reputation for getting along, but I have to tell you that my daughter in law is a keeper.  She is so smart and fun to be with, and she has a gorgeous smile.  Janet, I'm so lucky to have you in my family.

Eddie just called to say that he and Dee Dee would be here in a little while, so I think I had best get dressed before they get here.  Besides, I have a load of a laundry waiting to be done.  So till tomorrow, Y'all stay warm and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

The Queen Jester said...

It is such a blessing to be surrounded with a family of good people. It sounds like you are quite fortunate in that regard. Have a good one!

Nani said...

Oh the dress is lovely! Not Nani-wear-it lovely, but definitely I would have wanted one for my Barbie when I was a kid! I'm a fan of polka dots too. My Kindle case is the navy blue with big bright dots. I've been finding myself more and more attracted to dots lately.

What a blessing to have such a great relationship with Janet. I love to find and give gifts "just because they're right."

Hugs, Nani

smiekeltje said...

What a lovely present you had. I too have a "crush"for fountain pens and all kind of pens LOL. I have a load of them in my little desk, most of them just waiting to be used again So I understand your crush for paper, pens and such ROFL.
If the weather will be allright this weekend, if only for a moment, try to get some wonderful pictures.
It's getting a bit colder here, brrrrrr, hope it doesn;t last too long.
Have a wonderful weekend
Hugs
Kyra