Saturday, December 24, 2011

Santa Claus Is Coming To Town - Tonight!

December 24, 2011

The sun is shining this morning, and I do not miss the snow!  I know many of you are dreaming of a white Christmas, but I don't enjoy driving in the snow and ice.  Maybe when I'm eighty, and hopefully retired, I'll enjoy the snow more.

As you know,  I start my day by going outside and taking new photos of my yellow rose.  Right along, I've been wondering if it would be able to last until Christmas.  Well, no more wondering.  Even though the nights have been very cold and the rose is fading, it is doing it's best to stay in bloom for the holiday.  This is my Christmas Eve day photo.   Call me crazy, but this is my favorite Christmas present.


I also have a couple of photos of the Christmas trees around town.  One of the yards that I stopped at the other night even had decorations outside the fence close to the sidewalk.  It's just awesome how some folks have decorated their houses and yards.


This next tree grows on an empty lot at an intersection close to the highway not far from here.  It's very tall, and every year it is decorated beautifully.  What a wonderful sight for the weary shoppers and travelers on their home at night.


My living room, however, is looking crowded,  There are bags and boxes to be delivered tonight.  I will be at work tonight, so I hope that when Santa stops by, he will grab a few of them and drop them off on his rounds.

Now I think I will treat myself to a second cup of coffee, and give Tootsie an extra treat.  We would like to wish all of you a very Merry Christmas, and we hope Santa is good to everyone.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have happy dreams tonight.

Hugs, Edna B.

No comments: