Saturday, December 17, 2011

Oh No!! Are We Really Getting Snow??

December 17, 2011

Good morning.  I don't see any sunshine yet, so I guess maybe that bit I heard about some snow just might have some truth to it.  It's time to put the weather channel on and see what that has to say.

It's crunch time for shopping and mailing.  The last batch of things that I had ordered came in yesterday so today I'll try to get the last little package in the mail today.  Early this week coming, I want to pick up the last two gifts and make my fruit basket.  Tootsie and I also want to deliver a gift she has for the Neurology Staff at the hospital.

UPDATE:  The weatherman says we have a 30% chance of snow today and tonight with daytime temps around 42 degrees F.  I guess I can live with that.  I'm not really looking forward to a white Christmas.  It was wonderful when I was a kid, but us older folks aren't so crazy about it anymore.

How about some birdie photos?   These were taken yesterday at work.  Mind you, they are taken through the glass windows on the patio door.   I dare say, the windows need a good scrubbing, but some of the photos came out pretty good. 



I have more cute photos but I'll save them for tomorrow.    Right now, I want to rustle up some breakfast for myself and Tootsie.  Then I will need to get hopping.  I'd like to have all my errands done early so that I can squeeze in a nap later this afternoon.

I will leave you with an update photo of my beautiful yellow rose.  I am so amazed with this little flower.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a fabulous day.


Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

seamhead gypsy said...

This afternoon my daughter and I spent almost an hour up in the bird vista at the Buckner Nature Center in Troy, Ohio watching the birds fly in to eat. All of the birds were brown, tan, grey, and blended in quite nicely against the leafless branches of the trees. Out of nowhere a cardinal looking very much like the one in your photo's today swooped in to eat. It was really interesting to see this one very red bird among all the others. I didn't get a pic as he was in and out so fast that by the time I recovered from his stunning color, he was gone. Nice pic Edna!