Friday, December 30, 2011

A Nice Surprise In The Mail

December 30, 2011

At the moment, it's sunny and cold here in New England.   The wind has settled down though, so it doesn't feel as cold.   I'm at work, so this will be a short post. 

Yesterday, the mail lady brought a package for Tootsie.  It was a Christmas present that had gone astray.  Inside was an adorable little rope toy which Tootsie promptly took to her favorite scatter rug.  My little girl doesn't play so much any more with her toys, but she does like to have them near by when she naps.


I also took a photo of the beautiful white lily that is tucked in with my rose bouquet.  The texture of this lily is quite interesting.  It has lots of ripples and bumps that make it quite lovely.


Mrs is not feeling so well today.  Her breathing sounds like she may have a cold.  Gosh, I hope not.  She is supposed to be having one of her cataracts removed in a few weeks.   I'm hoping she is better before that. 

I finally had to call yesterday to order more heating fuel.  The weather so far this Fall and Winter has been a blessing as far as finances go, so I can't really complain.  But now I think the regular cold Winter temperatures are catching up to us.  On the bright side, Spring is not too far off.  It's actually, less than three months away. 

This afternoon, we have another dwarf moving in.  I hope this works out because it will be the first time in two years that we will have a full house.  Financially, this will make it easier on the bills.  It takes a lot to keep this big old house warm and looking good.  It's a great way to start off the new year.

I have some things that I need to upload, and then I can post them here as freebies for you.  I will try to have one ready for you for tomorrow.   I can hear the Mrs beginning to stir, so it's time for me to get busy and start her breakfast.  Till tomorrow, stay warm and Y'all have a fantastic day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

Nani said...

Tootsie’s toy is sweet! I can just see her cuddled up with it!

It hasn’t been so terribly cold, not really, in Toledo yet either, but after the Zoo Wednesday night, I think I’m still trying to warm up! It was a little warmer yesterday, but when the wind blew it was bitter cold! (IMO)


A full house is a great thing! I hope it all continues to work to keep it full.

Hugs, Nani

The Queen Jester said...

Baxter doesn't play much any more either, but I did pack one of her toys for the journey and she was playing (albeit gently) with it the other day. It makes me feel good to see she has interest in playing.