Thursday, December 22, 2011

More Beautiful Christmas Lights

December 22, 2011

It's 8 a.m., and the sun is shining here in my little part of the world.  Yesterday, the heavier rain held off until we bought  a rug and got it back home and in the house.  Then the heavens let it loose.  My grandson and I were off to do some food shopping, and the rain lightened up on our way in and out of the market.  By the time we got home, it was only raining lightly.  All in all, a very good day.

The first thing I did yesterday morning was to go outside and take a new photo of my yellow rose.  No, I won't bombard you with another photo this morning.  I've decided to let it continue to thrive on the tree as long as it can. 

I am feeling very blessed this Christmas.  Over the last few years, I have lost my daughter, my husband and my brother.  My Kerri gave me a yellow rose bush one year which now only produces small white rose flowers but the birds absolutely love this bush.  My hubby and my brother used to bring me roses sometimes for no reason at all.  Roses don't bloom this time of year here, so I do believe that this little yellow rose is a gift.  It has been bringing me so much pleasure, and I treasure it.

What is it about Christmas time that makes us all so maudlin and teary?  We get so sentimental.  Even though we try to be good to one another all year, Christmas time brings out so much more of the goodness in us.  These past few days, I have seen quite a few men, young and older, standing on street corners holding signs that say "Please, I'm trying to give my family a good Christmas.  Thank you."  I always try to pull over and give them some money.   The other night while out taking photos of the lights, I pulled over to give a young man some money.  My friend asked me if I thought it was for real or did I think it was a scam.  I told her "Does it matter?  If he is brave enough to stand there with a sign, then God bless him, he probably needs it."  The important thing is that it made me feel good to help him.

How about some more Christmas lights?   We had to go down a side street to find this display.  The beautifully decorated tree just begged to be photographed.  It was soooooo pretty!   I took several views of the lights so that you could see just how beautiful it all looked.




If all goes as planned, tonight my dwarf friend and I will go out again to photograph some more Christmas light displays.  Today, I want to go to the market and buy fruit for my Christmas fruit baskets.  I am waiting for one package to arrive that contains the last gift that I need to wrap.  Santa, I am all ready and waiting for you!

Now it's time to give Tootsie her morning meds, and rustle up some breakfast.  I bought us a green pepper yesterday, so I'm thinking that scrambled eggs and peppers will taste awfully good this morning.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantastic day.

Hugs, Edna B.

No comments: