Wednesday, December 7, 2011

A Day For Coincidence

December 7, 2011

Well, the rain finally caught up to us yesterday and today.  But as long as it doesn't come into the basement, then it's okay.  The temperature has been awesome, even with the rain.  However, I think it might start cooling down now.  I just stepped outside to toss the squirrels some peanuts, and it was a bit crisp out there. 

I almost finished packing all the boxes but I ran out of packing tape.  When Joe (one of the dwarfs) came home from work, he helped me load the car and take all the boxes to the post office.  Now I just have one more box to tape up.  There are only three gifts left to get and I'll be done.  Woo Hoo!  Now that the living room is clearing out, I'll be able to put up my little tree by the end of the week.

Want to talk about coincidences?  Yesterday, I got an email from Kyra saying that her Christmas box had arrived.  I only mailed it a week ago.  After I sent her a return reply, I looked up to see the mail lady outside my door.  She brought me a package from Holland.  Is this not a coincidence?  Kyra, it must mean that I'm thinking of you.  I also got my first Christmas card for the season.  I'm beginning to feel a lot like Christmas!

Today, I have to go to court to see about getting a new guardian for Howie.  The lawyer says it should be over by tomorrow.  I surely hope so.  They should have done this a long time ago when I first asked. 

Again, I have no new photos, so I dug back into my files for two photos of a waterfall that I took at our local park.  It's raining outside, so I guess photos of water is appropriate for today.



Now I need to check the laundry, and get some breakfast for Tootsie.  I can tell, it's going to be another busy day.  I'm hoping that once I finish all my Christmas stuff, I will have lots of time to play with all my educational toys.  Books, discs, etc.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

Nani said...

I have lots of boxes coming in now that I need to wrap for under the tree, which isn't up yet. We'll do that when we get back from Connecticut.

The card from you and Tootsie was the second family card we got this year! Ours will probably be the last one you get. We got a late go at it because we didn't have a decent train picture for our railfan Christmas cards (got a great one last week!)and we order the trains and family cards together. But you WILL get our card! :)

We have some sun today, but chilly! There are still some patches of snow in the shady spots, but not much of the overnight dusting left.

Have a great day and stay warm!!

Hugs, Nani