Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Where Has November Gone?

November 30, 2011

Good morning.  Yesterday's rain held off until sometime during the night, which of course, I thought was right nice of Mother Nature.  Today is looking pretty good too, even though there is some rain on it's way.  After watching the weather history patterns, I am becoming a bit optimistic that this will be a mild winter.  That would be just awesome!

Yesterday, I got my first two Holiday packages in the mail.  Tomorrow, I can get a couple more in the mail along with some cards.  Unless it's destination is local, things need to get out early.  Last night I did a bit more wrapping.  It's a great feeling to be almost finished.  I think I only have three more gifts to get and I will be done.  Woo Hoo!!

Is it just me, or did the whole month of November fly right by, barely touching the ground?  Gosh, I have to tell you, these months are going quicker and quicker.  Is this another perk of the Golden Age?  If so, I wouldn't mind if it slowed down just a bit. 

Aside from all the shopping and wrapping, I have been working a bit on my laptop.  I made a picture using the waterfall texture.  I colored the texture, applied a blending mode, a softening texture, and the poster edge filter all in Photoshop.  The floral graphic came from The Graphics Fairy.


Tomorrow, I will be posting my contribution to the "Christmas Around The World" blog train.   You won't want to miss this fantastic Christmas train.  It's filled with all sorts of wonderful holiday scraps for all those precious photos you will be taking. 

Tomorrow is also my Rummage Baby's birthday.  I've always told her that I got her in a bag that I bought at a church rummage sale.  Best dollar I ever spent!   Of course, you and I both know that's not really how I got her.  If you're from the "50's",  then you know that one had to put in their order for a baby at the local hospital, and when the deliveries came in you were notified to come and pick up your baby.  By the end of the 50's however, that type of delivery had radically changed, so I found out.

I've been busy all morning and Tootsie and I did not have breakfast.  So now I must go looking to see what we can have for brunch.  After that, I want to get my spaghetti sauce started.  Tonight is pasta night.  On this delicious note, I leave you.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantastic day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Oh lovely you join the blogtrain!
I am out of my usual schedule of posting, because of this blogtrain LOL!
Have to post my contribution.
Before I forget:
say Happy Birthday to your "Rummage baby".!
Enjoy your pasta this evening.
Hugs
Kyra

The Queen Jester said...

spaghetti....yum! It's comfort food for a cold wintery day. Our first snow is coming down and looks very pretty.

Nani said...

I've been in the mood to design lately and I missed anything about signing up for any trains with school stuff, which I'm done with now. (YAY) I'm sure my class workload is what made MY November fly by!

Still, I can't wait to see CATW this year! You'll get me started blog hopping tomorrow! If you and Kyra are both on the train, I know I'll like 2 stops for sure! :)

Happy birthday to your rummage sale baby! Friends of my Mom described me as "caught with a catcher's mitt" because her labor was short for a first baby. I try to be easy on everyone. hehe

Well, time to rest a little before the final read and turning my final paper in! Then it's Christmastime!

Hugs, Nani