Friday, November 18, 2011

Parmesan Cheese! It's Magic!

November 18, 2011

Good morning to you on this lovely sunny crisp morning.  There was a bit of ice on my car this morning, but it's all gone now.  I'm at work, so this will be a short post. 
Tootsie made out pretty good at her doctor appointment yesterday.  Except for the results of her blood tests (which we will get today),  she's doing pretty good.  She only has a little bit of sight in her right eye, but her weight is down.  Her prednisone dose is upped a little bit to help with her walking.  All in all, Tootsie is holding her own. 

I  read in a book that if your pet is a picky eater, and Lord knows that Tootsie is the pickiest, try sprinkling a bit of Parmesan cheese on top of their food.  Yesterday, I gave Tootsie doggie food for lunch (how dare I!!!) and sprinkled on the cheese.  Wowee!  She ate it all!!

We managed to get a couple of our errands done, but we did not come home with any new kitchen curtains.  Gosh, now I'll have to go out shopping again!! 

The leaves are falling quite rapidly from the trees, so I thought I would share this photo of a pretty street that I travel on my way to work.  Obviously, I took this before all the leaves fell.   I also used this photo for one of my photo class assignments.


Then I thought I would share a rather pretty photo of the walkway at one end of Plymouth Harbor.  I took this photo on October 1st, Worldwide Photo Walk Day.


Now it's time for me to get busy.  Mrs is stirring, and will be wanting her breakfast soon.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Nani said...

Glad to hear that Tootsie did well with her vet appointment!

I think I’ll try that Parmesan cheese trick. Kitties are lactose intolerant, but Kaline, who is the pickier eater, still likes a taste of cheese once in a while. She loves asiago! A little sprinkle will flavor without tummy trouble.

It’s sunny here, but cold. Your photos have a nice, warm feel. –ahhhhh…-- Thank you!!

Yes, that photo on my blog was Kaline’s first Christmas, she was 4 months old. I added a caption,

On to my school work, now!

Hugs, Nani.

smiekeltje said...

Yippee, Tootsie is doing okay. What a great idea that parmesan cheese! I wonder if that will work with our cats, LOL. But for Tootsie it seems a great solution!
Our cats do eat their cat food rather well, and sometimes they get a tiny piece of cheese when we have a sandwich with it. Oh yeah, pets do know what is tasteful at times.
Brrrr, already ice on your car in the morning! Well, stay warm, and have a great weekend.
Hugs
Kyra

The Queen Jester said...

Tootsie is very lucky to have such a good mother!