Saturday, November 5, 2011

Oh What A Fun Fun Day!

November 5, 2011

Good morning on this chilly sunny morning.  I know it's going to warm up a bit today and I can hardly wait.  I love warm Fall days.  The air is crisp, and the trees are gorgeous.  At least a lot of them are.  Thanks to hurricane Irene, we lost a lot of the leaves that would have been showing off their magnificent color.  But we do still have lots of color left and for that I am very happy.

I would like to thank everyone for the wonderful birthday cards, greetings and calls.  It really made my day sparkle.  Did I have a super duper day?  Yes, Yes, Yes!!  Dee Dee went with me while Eddie stayed at home to take care of things there.  I finally got to use my GPS which I bought for me almost three years ago.  I could never figure out how to set it and work it so it sat in it's little box on the bookshelf.  Till Eddie spotted it the other day and set it for me. 

The little lady inside the GPS isn't exactly very chatty, unless of course you don't go the way she wants you to go.  Yesterday, on the Tobin Bridge in Boston, she was telling me to make a U turn.  Can you believe it?  I told her to have another drink and I kept going straight.  On the whole though, she did very well getting me where I needed to go and back home again.

The camera show was fantabulous!!  I drooled over lenses and cameras.  When I got a bit too drooly, Dee Dee would take me by the arm and move me to another part of the room.  She's such a good daughter.  I'm so glad she was with me because these shows are so much more fun when you have someone to share the fun with. 

One of the things I bought was a new camera bag.  If I want to have my camera with me wherever I go, I need to carry two bags, my purse and my camera bag.  My new bag is wonderful.  It's a sling back bag with enough room to carry my camera and my pursey stuff.

 
I love it so far.  It's not too heavy, yet just roomy enough.  I have to learn not to carry so much junk with me.  Money, keys, credit card, medicine.  That should be about enough.  You can wear this over one shoulder or put it over your head and across your body.  I think I'm going to be happy with this bag.

On the way home, we saw a man feeding pigeons so I pulled over to take some photos.  This is one of the shots.  I have more but I have to go through them to see what I have. 


I did buy some other goodies, but I will have to wait till tomorrow to tell you about them.  Right now, I have to get dressed and get out to do an errand.  So till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantastic day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

Nani said...

I’m glad it was a great birthday! Sounds like you had a lot of fun.

David says “Thank God Edna is smart!” because he said there are people that would make that U-Turn! (I don’t think I’m one of those people, but I’ve never driven with an electronic backseat driver – thigh David thinks I need one!)

I’m glad you like your new bag and that pigeon photo just shows what a good idea it is for all of us if you always have your camera with you! :)

Hugs, Nani

The Queen Jester said...

I'm so happy your birthday was a good one. And what fun to visit the camera show! I'm holding out for possible sales after Thanksgiving before getting my new camera body...but am having trouble waiting.

smiekeltje said...

So happy for you that your birthday turned out to be a great one.
The camera bag looks to be okay, and it's better to have all your stuff in one bag, believe me!!!
Have another great day!
Hugs
Kyra