Thursday, November 3, 2011

Clouds Are Beautiful Too

November 3, 2011

Good morning.  It's 8:30 and the sun is shining.  I managed to coax Tootsie into eating some yogurt and a little dish of roast beef last night, so all in all that makes this a good morning.  Today though, brings a unique new problem.  We seem to have a ghost who collects TV remotes.

Yesterday, the remote to the TV in the living room (out in the main part of the house) stopped working properly.  Later, it seemed to be working okay so I just forgot about it.  Then last night, the same thing happened.  It seems that the remote is not the one that goes to the TV.  A ghost must have taken our remote and left this other one in it's place.  Strange!

What to do?  Well, I took the remote that does not work and put it away.  Now everyone will have to watch TV the old fashioned way.  They may even enjoy the exercise they will be getting as a bonus.  They will have to get up and walk to the cable box to turn the set on and off and to change channels and volume.  Oh dear!  I hope they can all manage this!

Last night, I worked on the new weekly theme for photo class.  This week it is clouds, so that is right up my alley.  I love photographing the clouds.  Here are the two photos that I uploaded.  Both were taken on my way home from Plymouth Harbor.



I have another photo to share that I took one morning on my home from work.  This is what it looks like now in the morning on my way home.  At this point, I am about five minutes from home.


All the while my kids were growing into teenagers and young adults, I was 27 years old.  No one ever questioned me until the oldest one turned 16.  It was then that she inquired about "how come my age never changed?"  I finally had to confess and told her that I was really 30.  That seem to make her happy.  It was quite a few years later that she actually did the math and found out that I was fibbing.

Why do we do this?  Who knows!  I guess it's just a woman thing.  Even at my age now, I know a lot of women who still fib about their age.  Why do they still do this?  I have worked my whole life, raised my family, and did my best to realize my dreams.  It took me 71 years to accomplish all of this, and today is the last day I can be 71.  I'm going to enjoy it!

Now I have a load of laundry waiting to be done, and then I'm going to see what flavor yogurt I can get Tootsie to eat for breakfast.  So far, she likes the strawberry, mixed berry and key lime..  Now we will try the peach.  Is she spoiled?  Of course!  Every step she takes makes my heart smile.  So, till tomorrow, Y'all find something wonderful to smile about and have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

4 comments:

The Queen Jester said...

Great clouds. Keep right on spoiling Tootsie, it's what we do.

Nani said...

As far as spoiling Tootsie, she gives you joy, so she's earned it, right?

I've never really lied about my age. I made a big deal about it with my brother when we were kids because I'm 14 months older. Now it bugs him because I don't think it's a big deal. Well, that and everyone seems to think I'm younger now. LOL

I love the cloud photos, especially the one where there's a little sun to define them, but I also love that sunrise on the horizon shot from this morning.

Have a great day and keep spoiling Tootsie!

Hugs, Nani

smiekeltje said...

TADAAAAA!!! Today is the 4th of November and it's your birthday!!!!
Happy, happy birthday wishes from Jan and me.
You are actually free from work now, so make the best of the day!
Never did lie about my age, so complicated! LOL.
And what the heck age means?? For some people it does, and it's difficult when you want to change jobs, or want to get one again, but if you feel in heart and mind younger than it's only a number.
Glad Tootsie is willing to eat a bit again. And oh well, our pets give us so much fun that they can be spoiled a bit isn't that true?
Come on yojgster, have a wonderful birthday day, and wishing you a great year ahead!
Hugs
Kyra

Snowy said...

♥♥♥❥•♪♫¸☆¸♥ Lღ√Ƹ and Jღy ♥.✫'*°☆.`❥•♪♫" Happy Birthday to you !♥♥♥❥•♪♫¸☆¸♥ Lღ√Ƹ and Jღy ♥.✫'*°☆.`❥•♪♫"- I never lied about my age,lol -it simply isn't important to me, as Kyra said , its just a number. Hope you will be having a fantastic day ! Hugs Snowy