Sunday, November 6, 2011

A Busy Day, Then Back To Work

November 6, 2011

It's almost good afternoon!  I got up real early this morning and have been busy, busy, busy.  First I had to go through all the Christmas gifts that I bought yesterday.  I made a fantastic dent in my shopping list.  Now I just have to get out the wrapping papers and get everything wrapped and tagged.  Oh, bless my soul, it feels good to have so much of it done. 

Getting back to my new goodies from the camera show, I bought me another 16 GB Class 10 SD card for my camera.  You can't have too many of these, and this one was on sale.   Then I bought the cutest little key chain. It has what looks like a lens hanging off it that opens to reveal a lens cleaning cloth tucked inside. 

For my big present, I decided to do the deed, and got me the new upgrade to my favorite lens.  It's a Tamron 18-270 mm, F/3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD.  This one is soooooo quiet, smaller and lighter!  Of course, it needs 62mm filters (the other lens used 72 mm filters.)  So I bought a new Polarizer filter.  I think they change these mm sizes so that you have to go out and buy all new filters!  I think I'll list my other lens on E-Bay.   It's the same lens without the PZD. 

As soon as I got home yesterday, I had to try out the new lens.  Oh yes, yes!!  I do love it!  While we were at the show, I saw this gigantic lens.  I couldn't even turn it (on a camera on a tripod) so that I could have a peek through it.  I didn't even ask about its' price.  It was mostl likely way up in the thousands.  But it sure is nice to dream! 

Last night after supper, I worked on finishing up the November kit and started getting it wrapped and zipped.  Then I decided to play a bit with some new photo art.  This one I like enough that I think I'm going to have it printed,  so that I can frame it and hang it on the wall.  I'll show you the original photo first, and then the Photo Art.



I'm learning not to toss out all my not so great photos.  I use them for all sorts of things.  Like backgrounds, elements and textures for scrapping.  Also, I crop them and use them for photo art.  I must remember to put my initials in the corner of this new one before I have it printed.

I also have a couple more photos of the pigeons from yesterday.  The man who is feeding them must do this a lot because in the second photo you can see how patiently they sit waiting for him to get out some more food.  They look like a bunch of little kids waiting for a cookie. 



Now it's time to see about lunch for Miss Tootsie, and as soon as the laundry is dry it will be time for a nap.  Tonight it's back to work.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantastic day.

Hugs, Edna B. 

4 comments:

Nani said...

Oh Edna, I so happy to hear you treated yourself to some nice birthday presents!

I still love the pigeon shots. I used to be like that with seagulls at the beach. I always gathered all the old bread I could find before I ;left for a trip to a beach area so I could "commune with my flock!"

You planned-to-frame work is pretty impressive. I love the colors! I agree, you need to make sure you sing or initial it before it's printed.

Have a wonderful start to the work week!

Hugs, Nani

Snowy said...

Love the colours on the photoart pic ! It looks fantastic :) Roflmao,I have started to wrap presents as well, still some left to do though. Godd to read you enjoyed yourself at the show and got some goodies :)
Hugs Snowy

smiekeltje said...

Good girl, Edna! You're right to treat yourself.
I cannot wrap up presents yet, have to go for another search but it's in progress LOL.
Have another great day,
Hugs
Kyra

The Queen Jester said...

It's wonderful that you treated yourself - I'm so jealous. I love my 70 - 300 but it's big and somewhat clumsy. Okay for in my back yard but hard to carry around. I'll have to check out your 18 - 270.