Sunday, October 9, 2011

Oh, What A Gorgeous Morning!!

October 9, 2011

This morning is simply gorgeous!  The sun is shining, it's warm and there's a gentle breeze blowing through the trees.  I came home from work, said good morning to Tootsie, and then went back out to do a bit of food shopping.  First on my list was Tootsie's treats, then the coffee and milk. 

On my way back home, I noticed that my gas tank was almost on empty.  Oops!  So I stopped at a gas station and filled up the tank.  Now I'm good to go for another two weeks.  That's one of the nice things about my new car, it goes much farther on a tank of gas. 

Last night at work, I didn't do anything on my laptop except read a few emails.  Instead, I read my new Shutterbug magazine, and a catalogue filled with lots of holiday goodies.  I got a few good ideas for gifts.  Now I just have to make my list and get shopping.  I also started addressing the envelopes for my Christmas cards.  I'll take another batch of envelopes with me tonight.

I have a couple of photos to share from my photo walk (what else?).  The first is a duck coming in for a landing in the water.  He's not as clear as I would like, but he was quite a distance away.


This next photo is a row of gulls perched on a roof top.  I just thought it was quite an interesting view.   Note the one gull squawking at another gull trying to land.  They really are quite comical to watch.


I've done a bit of reading up on Blogger about all their new changes.  For some reason, they have decided that our blogs need new faces,  and new ways to be viewed.  Does anybody know why they do this to us?  I looked at all the new blog views, and I did not like any of them.  Now I'm wondering if they will force me to change over to the new look anyway.  I really hope not.  Up to now, I've been enjoying my blog.

Enough complaining.  How about a pretty photo of a rose?  I took this one very early one morning at work.  The rose is covered with dew drops and mist.  Look at the close up shot.  It looks like someone frosted the flower with sugar.  Sooooo pretty!



Now it's time to finish my coffee and head for the shower.  Hopefully, Tootsie and I will have some time to go outside and enjoy this beautiful day before it's naptime.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a magnificent day.

Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

The Queen Jester said...

Just got internet and will post blog soon. We are in Boston now and I will have time tomorrow at Quincy Market from noon until about 2:30. Maybe we could meet for lunch? I will send you an email with my cell phone number tonight.