Saturday, October 29, 2011

I Love Surprises In The Mail

October 29. 2011

Good morning.  It's gray and damp here in my little part of the world.  Today's temperature (I've heard) is supposed to be about 47 degrees F.  (Right now we are at 39.)  Today should be windy with rain and snow on and off; and, starting tonight the snow will get heavier.  Sunday is also calling for snow, rain and wind.  I'm so thrilled about this I could spit up fur balls!

I'm hoping that Monday night's weather clears up enough for our ride.  Tootsie and I look forward to our broom ride around the world on Halloween.  I will have to check her rain slicker to make sure it still fits.  I was shopping the net to find a new slicker in pink or orange for her, but so far I have not found one. 

I did, however, find a new place to order new hoodies for Tootsie.  They come in all colors, so I'm going to see about getting her a few new ones.  I need to see if her winter jacket still fits too.  Her little bones are getting more fragile and I like to make sure she is warm enough.  I know how the cold and wet makes my old bones feel.

Today I have a photo of one tiny little Pink that stood up to Thursday night's snow.   I tell you, it does the heart good to look out and spot one little pink flower poking through all the white snow.  I also have a photo of one of the Mrs. beautiful floral arrangements. 



Yesterday, I got an adorable birthday card in the mail from Kyra.  Inside was a wonderful magnetic bookmark.  I have never seen one of these, but I can surely use it.  Thank you so much, my friend.  I shall think of you everytime I open my book.


Now it is time to get dressed and give Tootsie her morning meds.  I have to go out and do a couple of errands too.  Here's hoping the yucky weather will hold off for a few hours.  (Keep dreaming, Edna.)  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.


3 comments:

Nani said...

I know exactly how you and Tootsie feel about the cold! My aging joints get creakier when they're cold! It was 32 at wake up time this morning and my full-length fleece robe and plush booties are mainstays by my computer, even over wool socks and a sweater! I MUCH prefer being cozy and if I have to choose between sweat and shivers, well, a warm shower will get rid of sweat! :D

I love the defiant pink flower! It's the same kind of admiration I have for crocuses,

Off to make "candy bombs" for Monday. Stay warm!

Hugs, Nani

smiekeltje said...

Oh, so glad the card arrived well in time!
Huh, the weather doesn;t look all to great at your place. I saw on the news the NE part of USA is having severe snowstorms already!
Hope you will have a safe broomride with Tootsie, LOL!
Stay warm!
Hugs
Kyra

The Queen Jester said...

When is your birthday? Sorry I missed it, but I'm sure it was a good one as you always make the most of each and every day.