Saturday, October 22, 2011

Great Minds Think Alike!

October 22, 2011

Good morning on this cool but sunny Fall morning.  Shortly, I will have to get dressed and see if Eddie wants to go shopping around for a window.  Oh goody!  I have new Photoshop books to read, photo class assignments to work on, videos to watch to learn more about my camera, photos to sort through for my new book, etc, etc, etc.  And I have to go looking for a window!! 

So this morning, I played a bit designing for the November collab kit, read some email, and played a couple of games of solitaire.  That was to make up for the fact that I can't sit here and do what I really want to do today.  Did it help?  Not really, but I will talk myself into believing that it did.

Ever notice how great minds think alike?  Yesterday, while the Queen Jester was posting a photo of a monarch butterfly that she shot while on vacation, (click on her name to see her photo) I was in the Mrs' backyard shooting photos of a monarch butterfly.  Here's my butterfly, along with a neat closeup.



There were two or three or these beauties flying around the butterfly bushes.  There were also lots of bees looking for nectar too.  I tried to get a nice photo of the butterfly with two of the bees, but they weren't clear enough to show here.  Here you can see that in the insect world, they don't mind sharing a good thing.


I've been shopping around for quite a while for a nice point and shoot camera to carry in my purse.  I have missed a lot of photo opportunities because I did not have my camera with me.  Sadly, my DSLR won't fit in my purse or I would carry it there all the time. 

Today's special buy on the shopping channel (yes, I confess I watch a bit of this channel every day)  is an Olympic point and shoot that looks really nice, and the price is good too!  But, I need to be absolutely positive before I will buy anything.  Yup, that's me - she who snoozes loses!  And I snooze a lot before I commit to buying.

Now I think I'd best get dressed and get started on this day.  Hopefully we will find what we want, and I will be able to get back to playing on my laptop soon.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

smiekeltje said...

The butterfly pic is beautiful!
Sometimes it would be great if we could stretch an hour into e.g. 3 hours, but sigh...we cannot!
Aweful when you want to do a lot of nice things and there is waitin a quite boraing task, like looking for a window LOL.
Hope you will find it quick, so more time is left for you for the classes and books and computer time.!
Hugs
Kyra

Hilary said...

Oh, we're on the same wavelength today. Your Monarch shots are wonderful.. love that close-up peek. I understand the desire to carry a point and shoot around in your purse. I used to do the same but came to rely on my DSLR more and more. Now I just carry it around on my shoulder like a second purse. ;)

The Queen Jester said...

Okay...your butterfly is prettier. I'm looking at getting the Canon EOS Rebel T3i/600D. What I've researched shows it to be a good camera and the controls are not so different from my Canon Rebel Xti that it would be hard to jump between the two camera bodies. I bought a book called From Snapshots to Great Shots that is just for that camera and I've learned some new things. It has assignments at the end of each lesson and I like that idea. Keep shooting!