Sunday, September 18, 2011

A Snake In My Tree?

September 18, 2011

Good morning.  It's a bit early to decide what the weather will do, although we usually get some kind of rain a day after Virginia is rainy.  Yesterday, was their rainy day, so I think today may be ours.  We had a gorgeous day yesterday, while last night was a "warm fuzzy pajama" night.  And a fleecy red sweatshirt night for Tootsie! 

Tootsie perked up yesterday long enough to eat a dish of roasted chicken for lunch.  I gave her another dish of chicken for supper, but she only ate half of it.  This morning, she is still not up to par.  If this keeps up another day or two,  I will have to call her doctor.

Tonight I do have to work, and then again on Tuesday night (to make up for last night).  I'd rather not, but I have to pay for the chicken somehow.  Tootsie needs some new sweatshirts too.  Her body temperature is usually a bit on the warm side, but now it is noticeably cooler.

The other day while Tootsie and I were walking around the yard, I noticed how strange one of our trees was looking.  I will have to ask Eddie to take a look at it this week.  It has a long twisty limb hanging that almost looks like a huge snake.  I took a photo, but had to cut it in half to show it here.  The bottom photo (bottom half of tree) shows the "snake" hanging down loose.  This top photo (middle of tree) shows how it twines up through the tree.  It's just to the left of the middle of the photo.




Folks, I don't believe my eyes and ears.  The weather channel is now giving us tips on how to stay cool in the heat this summer.  It started off with "Summer is here".  Did I miss something?  I was under the impression  that summer started three months ago, and that now the heat was fading away into Fall weather.  Either the folks at the weather channel are not really too swift, or I am badly in need of a another cup of coffee.

That's it for this morning.  I need to get dressed and cuddle a bit with Tootsie.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

Nani said...

Another cup of coffee is ALWAYS a good idea, but the Weather Channel is somewhat notorious for being clueless. It’s chilly in Toledo too!

Are you going to be with us in cheering for the Yankees this week against Tampa? I was telling David that it felt dirty, but it’s better for the Red Sox for the Devil Rays to lose!

Your snake kinda looks like a vine growing off your tree. Keep us posted on what you find ut it is!

Hugs, Nani

smiekeltje said...

If you take a quick look, that branche or whatever on that tree is really looking a bit like a snake. But perhaps it's like Nani said a vine, or it could be a old broken branche, due to the storm. Yes, you'd better let Ediie take a look at it and perhaps let him remove it if possible.
Hope Tootsie will be better in another day or so. Already good news she ate the chicken!
Wishing you "strength"for your nightshift!
Hugs
Kyra