Sunday, September 11, 2011

I'm Technologically Impaired!

September 11, 2011

We are enjoying another lovely morning here in New England.  And, I am in a much better mood this morning than I was in last night.  After the Mrs went to bed, I attempted to install my new program, PS CS5.  Of course, this was not going to happen without a lot of problems.  I ended up having to uninstall whatever parts of it that I managed to install.  That left me with no PS program at all to work with.  Need I say what an unhappy camper I was? 

As soon as I got home this morning, I re-installed my CS4.  Now I'm a happy camper.  At least I can play with my graphics.  I will contact the seller or call Wayne to find out why I ran into problems.  Much as I love all these wonderful techy toys, I don't always understand their ways.

My photo today is a wonderful little weed that a lot of us have growing wild in our yards.  It's called "Jewelweed" and most folks don't even know that it has marvelous healing properties.   The leaves and the juice from the stem of Jewelweed are used by herbalists as a treatment for poison ivy, oak and other plant induced rashes, as well as many other types of dermatitis.  Look it up on Google.  It's an amazing little plant.


Actually, if we took the time to really look around our yards, we might find other medicinal plants.  All you need is a good book on medicinal herbs (or look them up on Google)  to learn how to use them. 

There's not much for news today so far, so I'll get Tootsie her meds and maybe catch up on some blog reading and email.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

The Queen Jester said...

This plant is also called touch me not and shoots out it's seeds when it's touched. I've seen it on a slow motion camera, pretty impressive. I've always loved the colors of them.

smiekeltje said...

Soory for you the installment didn't go the way you wanted.! Sometimes we need to give it another try, but I agree, if Wayne could help you, it may go a lot easier LOL.
At least your CS4 works again!
Hugs
Kyra