Wednesday, September 28, 2011

I'm On My Bandbox Again!!

September 28, 2011

Good morning.  Well, yesterday eventually turned into a gorgeous day.  The sun came out and brought with it some warm temperatures.  I guess the only way we can figure out the weather here is to stick around and wait to see what happens.  It's not raining right now either.  I hope this is not a bad omen for the weekend.  It's not going to be much fun walking around taking photos in the rain. 

On the news, they are talking about all sorts of new taxes on everything from hotels to flights.  There is talk of adding the deposit on all bottles including water. Someone somewhere thinks that this will make people do more recycling.  This does not make sense to me.  The people who throw away all their bottles, including the ones that they paid a deposit on, will continue to throw them away.  So, I guess this only hurts the rest of us who do recycle.

The experts are saying that heating fuel prices will start around $4.00 a gallon.  I'm wondering just how they think we will be able to keep our homes warm at these prices.  Fuel prices don't go up a little at a time, they go up in big jumps.  Last year, the cost of heating fuel was triple what it was just a few years earlier.  This new price is another huge increase.  When will it stop?

How about some photos?  Yesterday, I bought a new plant for our garden.  It's a "Lavender Chiffon" Rose of Sharon.  Oh, it is so so pretty!  Have a look.


I also found this little critter on my door step.  He's quite fat and fuzzy, so I'm hoping he's not trying to warn us of a long cold winter!


Well, now it's time to get started on this new day.  Plus, it's time for Tootsie's meds.  This is where we start playing "Hide And Seek".   She hides, and I seek.  You know, in just a few more days, my Tootsie will have been with me for eight years!  Wow, where did all that time go?

Eddie just called and said he will be here soon, so I suppose it's also time to get dressed!  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

The Queen Jester said...

This gives me hope that it will stop raining here soon.