Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Mmmmmm, I Could Take August All Year Round!

August 17, 2011

Oh, what a beautiful morning!  At the moment, it is sunny but not too hot with a nice cool breeze.  I have just opened the window here in the living room, and am relishing the cool fresh air.  Ahhhhhhhhhh.

Yesterday, I did not have a chance to get out to do my errands, so today we will hop in the car and go!  I had ordered a couple of new faster memory cards for my camera and they came in  the mail yesterday.  So today we will have to stop by the park for some photos and try out the new cards.

Last Friday, I was able to get some new dragonfly photos.  The difference in the color of the background is because I was playing with different ISO's. 




Note how in the first photo, it looks like the dragonfly is smiling?  And then in the second photo, he is actually laughing?  Or maybe I just have a great imagination?  Now if only the birds would sit and pose like this for me!!

As for the photography courses that I mentioned yesterday, I think I may be going with Hummie's new class that starts in September.  I've read some of her student reviews, and they sound like this might be the place for me. 

Today's big news if that daughter number one has got a new hair cut.  I cropped the photo and borrowed one of Minky's frames to showcase her photo.  Thank you, Minky.   Audrey, I love your new hairdo.  It looks so young and springy.  Very nice daughter number one!

Well, that's all for today.  Eddie will be here soon, so I really should get dressed and start my day.  till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

The Queen Jester said...

great dragonfly photos. I really do need to get out there and do some shooting. Maybe I'll just let the weeds go, I can't seem to keep up with them anyway.