Friday, August 12, 2011

Lots And Lots Of Nuts!

August 12, 2011

I'm at work, and it's a fantastically beautiful morning!  You can definitely tell that summer is waning by the cool mornings.  With a bit of luck, maybe we will have an Indian Summer this Fall. 

I had a wonderful chat last night with my friend Mary Ann.  She is sending me some goodies to help me learn my camera better, and I can hardly wait for the box to get here.  It's like Christmas in August, and you know me, I'm like a little kid with a new present.

I also got a great tip from Pop Photo.com that a reader sent in.  The first picture on your memory card should be your name and address.  In case you lose your card, the finder could return it to you.  I just made a card in Photoshop, typed my name and address on it and photographed it.  When I take my photos off the card, this name tag card will stay on.

The Mrs. is beginning to wake, so let me put up today's photos.  I have a huge tree that I planted several years ago that has beautiful purple blossoms in the Spring, and leaves and nuts the rest of the year.  It was called an "Imperial" something or other.  Yesterday, it was so pretty with the sun shining on it that I took some photos.  The first photo is the very top of the tree with it's beautiful big leaves reaching up to the sun.  The second photo shows a branch with lots of nuts.



Now I really must get busy here.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

No comments: