Thursday, August 25, 2011

Hurricane Irene Is Getting Too Close For Comfort

August 25, 2011

Good morning.  There is a wonderful cool breeze coming through my window, and boy does it feel good!  This morning's weather is just scrumptious!  Summer would be perfect weatherwise if we could just have August for the whole three months. 

I have just turned on the weather channel for the latest news on Hurricane Irene.  Oh my, it looks like we have some thunderstorms coming this afternoon.  It says that Sunday will probably be our worst day for heavy rains and wind.  This is looking like a really nasty storm.  I'll have to pay close attention to the weather reports.

Yesterday, when Janet and Tootsie and I went to the park, we were in for a treat.  Our resident commorant was sitting on his rock way out in the pond.  We got adventurous and went looking for a path through the surrounding woods that might bring us closer to where our bird was.  Here is where the path led us.  That's me in the little red circle.


Our trek was well worth it, because once we were close enough, our friendly commorant was more than willing to pose for some photos.



Now I need to get dressed and ready to go out.  My grandson, Steve, and I have a couple of errands to do this morning before he leaves for work.  After that, Tootsie and I have to go to the hospital to pick up her meds.  Busy, busy, busy.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

seamhead gypsy said...

Stock up on supplies Edna! I find a strange fascination with hurricanes. I plot out their path on a laminated map. Irene provides me the opportunity to teach our 7 year old daughter about charting, graphing and the dangers of these storms. Making it personal for her is the fact that it looks like the area we vacation (Emerald Isle) could sustain damage as well as Boston. Katie has been to Boston several times in her young life.

I don't like the looks of the models for the weekend. Be careful, hunker down and try to stay dry on Sunday.

smiekeltje said...

We heard on the news too about "Irene" and I worried a bit about the way it is going. Looks your aerea will suffer from it too. Hopefully it will not be too bad. Be careful, those hurricanes are not the nicest things.!
Hae a great ( and safe) weekend.
Hugs
Kyra