Monday, July 25, 2011

A Welcome Break From The Heat

July 25, 2011

It's a lovely gray, cool morning.  I'm sure it will warm up later, but I'm enjoying this nice break from the heat.  Thank you for the help in naming my shrub.  I looked up Queen Anne's Lace and Viburnum, and it looks like my shrub is Viburnum.  There are many varieties of of this shrub, but I did find one that looks just like mine. 

Now if I can only figure out how to get rid of a rat without chasing away my other critters.  I think we will have to stop putting the ground seed so close to the house.  I don't mind the squirrels and the chipmunks, but I draw the line at rats.  They can go right back to where they came from.  A neighbor is digging up their whole front yard, and I'm wondering if this is why all of a sudden we see a rat. 

I have another question for everyone.  How does using a particular shaving gel wake up any roosters in the morning?  I came across a coupon good on the purchase of "Edge" shave gel.  The ad states that "The Edge Man Wakes Up Roosters In The Morning."  So you should rush right out and get your Edge?  Especially if you live somewhere near a sleepy rooster.  Actually, if your rooster doesn't want to get up early and crow, I say let him sleep.  It's too darn hot to be crowing.

How about some birdie photos?  This first one was taken in bright sunlight, and the second one was taken in the shade by our little feeder.



Now it's time to give Tootsie her morning meds, and maybe catch a little nap.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

The Queen Jester said...

I did not know roosters had a problem with getting up in the morning. Sad that they are relying on a man to wake them.

smiekeltje said...

Glad I could be of help with the shrub.
Hmmmm, I too don''t like rats!
Best thing would be to have a cat. LOL
We once had problems with rats too. There are always under house, they diig themselves through the sand. And once Dikkie Dik caught one in our little store room! They come from the street, and every few months we have to call the city council, that some stones of the sidewalk near our house are loose and down for a few centimeters. It's the rats who digg out the sand underneath it. Once it was sooo bad I stept out of my door on a stone and fell through it! I was lucky that I didn't hit my chin on the edge , I would have broken it. They always come and repair the stones, putting in some new sand, but that's all. Hopeless.
Well, have a great day and I hope your rat keeps away.!
Hugs
Kyra