Friday, July 8, 2011

Many Many Raindrops Are Falling

July 8, 2011

Tis a gray and soggy morning here in my little part of New England.  Actually, it's more than soggy.  It's raining so hard you can hardly see through it.  I guess this means that we will not have to water the gardens later today.  I had meant to pick up a couple of rain barrels, but I did not get around to it.  That's sad, because this rain would have filled the both of them to the top.

As for yesterday's pole dance exercise regime, I won't be rushing out to buy a pole anytime soon.  I dug out my spandex shorts and discovered that not only did they shrink, but I couldn't even get one leg into them let alone pull them on.  Next I dug out a sports bra from my slimmer days.  All I can say about that is that I probably lost a couple of pounds trying to wiggle into it.  After a few miserable minutes, I gave up and tossed the bra and the shorts into the trash.  Therefore, I do not see a dance pole in my immediate future.

I'm at work, so I have to keep this short, as the Mrs will be waking soon.  I have a couple of photos that I took a few days ago of a Red Bellied Woodpecker.  These are bigger than the regular little woodpeckers, and are very pretty.



On my way to work this morning, I was listening to a commercial on the radio about whale watching cruises that go out of Boston.  I think I will look into this later when I get home.  It sounds like something that would be a lot of fun.  (especially with a camera in hand)

That's all for this morning.  It's time for me to get busy here.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantastic day.

Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

The Queen Jester said...

love the woodpecker photos. You are so diligent with your camera, mine is so hit and miss. There are more "I should take a picture of this" moments than actual reality in doing it.