Sunday, May 8, 2011

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY

May 8, 2011

Happy Mothers Day everyone.  It's still a bit early, only 6:30 am, and it's a bit gray outside, but I think it will turn quite nice later.  At least I hope so.  There will be lots of celebrations and visits with Mom today to celebrate her special day.  And there are gorgeous lilacs blooming everywhere.  I don't know how they do it, but every year they are sure to bloom for Mothers Day.

I thought I would post a photo of my two newest blog books to show what they look like.  One shows the back, and the other the front cover.


I also have a pretty shot of my Japanese Red Maple tree.  This shot was taken on a sunny day, looking up a bit towards the sun.  The colors are just gorgeous.


Yesterday, while out doing a few errands, I noticed a lot of commotion near the high school.   The police were there and had closed off the road to traffic.  There was a very tall crane in the middle of the road, and it had hoisted a huge American flag way up over the tree tops.  Oh my, what a gorgeous sight!!!  Of course, I had to stop and get a few photos.  A passerby explained that there was some sort of ceremony and race at the school,  and that's why the flag was being flown overhead.


It's time to go home now and spend some quality time with Tootsie.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

dmb said...

Happy Mother's Day Edna -- hope you have a great day !!! Donna

Nani said...

Happy Mothers Day, Edna! Happy Fur-Baby Moms Day too!

The blog books look so neat! I keep all my blog posts and a bunch of other writing in an annual digital file with my private journals. I don't really think I'd want to print my private journals, though. But your blog books are similar to my printed scrapbooks.

Enjoy your holiday! The world would be lost wthout the gift of mothers!

hugs, Nani