Sunday, May 29, 2011

Another Gorgeous Sunday Morning

May 29. 2011

Good afternoon.  It's sunny and rather hot outside.  I'm not complaining, mind you.  But I must say that I am pooped out.  I finished a 14 hours shift at 9 a.m. and came home to give Tootsie her meds.  Then I went back out to the supermarket to do a bit of shopping before the market got too crowded.  This is a holiday weekend, and there were lots of great sales.

When I got home, Joe helped me to bring all the groceries and cases of spring water in the house.  Once everything was put away, I had to do battle with an army of ants that were trying to set up housekeeping in my living room and my kitchen.    I  think I got them all, but they're probably hiding somewhere, waiting for me to take a nap so they can come back out.

Last night, there was no internet connection at work, and I'm not expecting to get one anytime soon.  So I will have to do all my internet stuff here at home.  I don't think I'm going to like being without the web at work.  I know, I am so spoiled!

This morning while the Mrs was still asleep, I did a bit of practicing with my new doubler again.  It's going to take a while, but I think I'm catching on.  There was a new bird in the birdbath, and he was having himself a grand old time just a singing away and spashing about.  I looked this little guy up in my bird book, and found that he is a Gray Catbird.  In one of the photos, you  can see the rust coloring on the underside of his tail feathers.




I think the photos came out pretty good considering they were all hand held.  I don't have my tripod at work for obvious reasons.  Also, the sun was not out yet, and I had my ISO turned up as high as I could. (3200)  This little guy (or gal) was a pleasure to shoot.  (photos, of course.)

Tomorrow morning, after I come home from work, I will give Tootsie her meds, and then we will be going out.  There will be a parade downtown, and then a roll call at the cemetary, where all the veterans who have passed on this past year will be remembered.  They will be calling Artie's name, so we all want to be there for this ceremony.

Now I think I will have me a cup of coffee - I haven't had any yet today.  Then maybe I can catch a little nap so that I will be fresh again for work tonight.   Till tomorrow, Y'all have a marvelous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

smiekeltje said...

Ants seem to take over at the moment LOL! You can read all about it on Minky's blog! Good you catched them before they where running all over the place.
It will be a bit sad at the cemetary, when they call out Artie's name, but you should feel proud of him and I'm sure he's smiling upon you from his special place.
The little bird is soo cute. Hope you soon will have internet again at work.
Have a good day, take a good nap, cuddle to Tootsie.
Hugs
Kyra