Saturday, April 16, 2011

Oooooh, More New Plants!

April 16, 2011

This morning we are enjoying another lovely day, sunny with temps around 50 F.  It's a good day to clean out another small garden area, and plant some new stuff.  I just happened to buy us a rose tree, more daffodils and an assortment of flower bulbs.  Oh, I forgot, a regular  rose bush too!  The rose tree will have soft pink blooms, and the regular rose bush will have a reddish orange color (I think).  We'll see when  things actually bloom.

So far, five of the six tomato plants have poked through the dirt, as well as three of the cucumber plants.  These two will be the upside down plants once they are big enough to put outdoors.  Most of the dwarfs are enjoying the plants.  Note that I said "most."  There is always one who would rather grump at everything. 

We did go to Christmas Tree Shoppe after work yesterday, and I picked up another matching plant table.  Last night, Joe put the new table together, and transferred some of the seedling plants to it.  It looks really nice. 

I have a busy work schedule starting tonight.  It's a 17 1/2 hour shift tonight and tomorrow morning, a 12 hour shift tomorrow night, and another 12 hour shift Monday night.  I'll be a wee bit tired by Tuesday, and will probably need a long nap that day. 

I finally got the written estimate in the mail from the landscaper that I was going to hire to do the yard, and now I am  re-thinking my decision.  First of all, I am a woman, not a man.  I was a woman when I stopped at his business the first time, and when he came to look at my yard.  I was still a woman when I went back to his place of business to ask about dates for the work to be done.  So why is it that when the written estimate came, it was addressed to a non-existent "Mr."?

Does this inconsiderate person think that I cannot possibly pay his bill because I am a woman?  The other service people that I deal with call me "Mrs." Miss" "Ma'am" or Edna.  They don't seem to think that I need a man to pay my bills.  So what is wrong with this particular clod?  I should reciprocate and forward his written estimate on to heaven.  By the time he gets an answer (if he ever does) I will already have found a new contractor.

Now I have to hunt around for another estimate.  It shouldn't be too difficult because there are a lot of companies looking for work.  I also need to have two more trees cut down and removed.  Not to fear, they are dead trees, but they are too close to my house.

I have a couple of cute "Friday's Birds" photos for you.  The first is a Dark-Eyed Junco, and the second is an adorable little Sparrow.



Now I think I will get dressed, put in a load of wash, and go outside and play a bit in the garden.  Joe is already busy out there.   I want to make sure we use the new fertilizer on the new plants.  That's all the news for this morning, so till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

No comments: