Thursday, April 28, 2011

Oh Goodie! More New Plants!

April 28, 2011

Good morning all.  It's a rather dreary day here - wet, windy and cloudy.  I was so hoping to plant some new flowers in my garden today, but it may have to wait until tomorrow.  My daughter in law, Janet, brought me some gorgeous purple tulips and white daffodils that have peach trumpets.  Oh, they are simply beautiful!!



I will take photos of the tulips when they open.  My red tulips are just starting to bloom along with my yellow daffodils.  There's even new leaves coming on the rose tree.  And, Joe put up our new Hummingbird feeder.  Woo Hoo!!!

Today, I think I will spend a while creating on the computer.  I have a few freebies started and I want to get them finished.  I also want to finish up my last blog book.  Last night, I was finally able to click the "order now" button for the last half of 2009, and the first half of 2010.  I will feel much better when they are all finished.

When I was leaving work this past Monday morning, I spotted a Robin in a  tree across the street.  I shot the photo because it reminds me of all the good things that Spring brings us, especially new life. 



Seeing as how I have been home this whole week, I was hoping to go to the ocean and get a few new photos to share, but so far I haven't made it there.  Maybe tomorrow afternoon.  We'll see.  I did get to spend a few hours visiting with Janet, and that was nice.  All moms should be blessed with a wonderful daughter in law. 

Now I think I will get busy and do a few things around here.  You know, make the bed, wash a few dishes, and use the broom for something other than midnight rides.  Halloween isn't the only night that Tootsie and I go out riding!  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a wonderful day.

Hugs, Edna B.

2 comments:

smiekeltje said...

I love your new daffodils!!!!
Our cold is not really bad, it's just annoying, you know. Will be better a lot by tomorrow.
Oh, if you are riding your broomstick, first check out where it is quiet in the air. Whe don;t want you and Tootsie spiralling in a tornado! LOL
Have a wonderful day.Hugs
Kyra

The Queen Jester said...

What beautiful daffodils. How I have visions of you riding the broom...and your little dog too.