Thursday, April 21, 2011

Mary, Mary, Quite Contrary, How Does Your Garden Grow?

April 21, 2011

Oh what a beautiful sunny morning it is here.  Even though the sun keeps going behind the clouds and then popping back out, it's okay.  I blossom in the sunshine.  (The Spring sunshine, that is!)  Yesterday afternoon, I spent some wonderful time with Jazzy, and then we went shopping for a few more flowers.

It is difficult for me to go through a craft department or a gardening department and not come out with a bag full of goodies.  I know, I know, it should be so easy.  But there are so many wonderful new crafts waiting to be made, and so many gorgeous flowers needing a garden to bloom in.  And I  really was very, very good!  I only bought a couple more plants.  The salesperson said there will be new stuff coming in another week or two.  I want to save a little space for the new stuff!

When Joe got home from work, he and another of the dwarfs went outside and planted all of my new bulbs and flowers.  This weekend, we hope to be able to put in some new lilac bushes.  As for the  grass, I am still waiting for estimates.  I guess I had figured that with work being so scarce, the estimates and actual work would happen a lot quicker.  I guess I was wrong.

This morning I have photos of some of my flowers to share.  The first photo shows one of my beautiful daffodils.  The second one is the "Easter Bunny"  "Princess Irene" tulips, and the last photo is a beautiful, smiling pansy. 




I have friends and family in parts of the country where the weather has been truly horrible lately, and I'm so hoping that Mother Nature will start behaving and send some nice weather their way.  It's been a long Winter, and we all need the soft sunshine and warmth that comes with Spring time.

Now I must get hopping here.  I need to be dressed and ready to leave for an appointment in less than an hour.  Till tomorrow, Y'all have a funtastic day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

smiekeltje said...

Isn't it fun that one never get's tired of flowers and photographing them??
I am proud of you girl, being so GOOD at the stores LOL!
Nice of the dwarfs to help you with planting some stuff!
Have a wonderful day
Hugs
Kyra

The Queen Jester said...

I am so jealous of all your beautiful color. Our plants are still reeling from the last snow dump and I've given up on tulips completely due tot he deer. Oh well.

Nani said...

Your tulips are quicker than mine! I have a couple of buds staring as of this morning. I'll sere tomoprrow if the sun today urged any more since we got home after dark tonight.

I need to think abput adding some flowers that will bloom after the tulips. At this point, everything is spring. I need to add some summer blooming annuals.

I agree with Kyra, I never get tired of the flowers!

Hugs, Nani