Sunday, February 20, 2011

Purple Frost

February 20, 2011
*
It's a cold and sunny morning here in my little part of New England. The wind is still blowing, just not quite so hard. Old man Winter is definitely not giving up without a good fight. Tootsie and I are counting down the days till our plane leaves for Florida. Just seven days!!! The time is really flying by now, and I haven't even started packing. So much to do, so little time!!
*
I'm feeling a bit guilty about not doing much designing on the laptop lately. For some reason, I just can't seem to get in the mood. I don't know if it's the winter blahs or just brain burn out. Yeah, that's it, must be brain burn out. Once I get to the land of sunshine and warmth, my brain should be working much better.
*
Speaking of Florida, I hope the internet has finally been installed in our condos by the time I get there. Every year, they promise to have it in within a year, but the years keep going by and no internet. The manager assures me that they are doing their best to have it hooked up by the time I get there. We shall see. They told me the same thing last year!
*
Today's photo is one that I took a couple of weeks ago. It's a close up of frost on a branch, and I find it very interesting. I added the purple tones to bring out the beauty of all the tiny crystals. Before taking this photo, I never realized how pretty the frost really is.
*
This past week, I bought some seed starter pots, but I think it's still a bit too soon to plant any flower seeds. I'm just getting a bit anxious to plant some of my seeds that Kyra gave me. I also got a couple of new upside down planter pots that I'm going to use for tomatoes and strawberries. That is, if the snow and cold ever goes away!
*
Now it's time for me to do a few things around here. Till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantastic day.
*
Hugs, Edna B.

No comments: