Sunday, January 16, 2011

Post #1000

January 16, 2011
*
Good morning. This is my 1000th post here on Blogger. Yeah-h-h-h!! See? It doesn't take much to amuse me! I think I need a cup of coffee. Be right back.
*
Ok, I'm back. Both Tootsie and I had our morning meds, and now I'm enjoying a cup of coffee. According to a study that I read about a year ago, people who drink a few cups of coffee a day are actually healthier than people who don't drink coffee. I guess I'm sort of in between.
*
I have also started taking 5000 mg Vitamin D daily because it's supposed to be very good for you. At my age, I need to be extra healthy whenever possible. I'm already into another size down in my jeans. Hip! Hip! Hooray!! Oh if only I could keep this up throughout the year. Gosh, I wouldn't even recognize myself come next Fall.
*
This week, I will treat myself to a new pair of jeans in the newer smaller size. Just one pair will do, because hopefully they will be too loose for me in a month or two. Now if I could just get my middle section to slim down!!
*
How about some photos. I have some new "Friday's Birds." I usually work one daytime shift each week and it happens to mostly fall on Friday. Hence, the name "Friday's Birds." Both photos are rather picturesque, I think. The first one shows Mommy Cardinal settled on a branch and checking out all the snow. The second one shows a Junco perched in snow on a branch. He's waiting for a turn at the bird feeder I think.
*
Last year, I set a goal to take a new photograph every day. I did pretty good and only missed about a month's worth of days in all. So this year, I am going to try to do the same thing.
*
I have laundry waiting to do, so I'll be off now. Till tomorrow, Y'all stay warm and have a fantastic day.
*
Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

smiekeltje said...

Congrats on your 1000 posting!
Was here yesterday but when I wanted to post the comment my computer screen froze(happens sometimes), so I closed computer and went to watch tv. Had to ecplain, cause you might have wondered why I didn;t hop to your blog LOL! On to the next 1000 I suppose!
Have a great day!
Hugs
Kyra
P.s. your bird pictures are fantastic