Thursday, December 9, 2010

So Much Joy For The Price Of A Stamp!

December 9, 2010
*
Good morning! Day is breaking, and I am sipping on my coffee. I have lots to do today, starting with a nail appointment in a few hours. It's 6:30 am, and yes, it feels good to be sleeping past 3 am. I guess the secret is not to go to bed (or curl up on the bed to watch TV) too early.
*
Yesterday, I shopped till I almost dropped!!! It doesn't take much to get to the "dropped" stage. The old legs will only go so long and then they quit. But I did finish up (I think!) just about all of my holiday shopping. Now I have some packages to address and pop into the mail.
*
Now, would any of you like a little extra "feel good" project? I try to do something nice for folks who are in need all during the year, but at this time of year it is a must for me. Think about it. There is always someone near by who could really use a bit of a helping hand. That's all it takes, and you feel so good for so long.
*
This year, there is a little girl in South Africa who is in need of some cheering up. She is not as well as you or I, and she lives with her guardian. It really wouldn't take much to cheer her up, or let her know she is loved. A Christmas card, an email, anything. Just something that says, "Hi Kitty, I hope you have a wonderful holiday." (Barry's email is listed on his site.)
*
Barry at PSPTUBEZ had a photo of Kitty posted on his site, (he helps to care for her) and had listed her address, in case some of you would like to send her a card. Here is her address: Kitty Wialliamson-Mnguni, P.O. Box 965, Scottburgh, South Africa, 4180. Just one little card and the price of a stamp will put a huge smile on a little girl's face.
*
Now, getting back to yesterday's shopping trip. Quite by accident, I stumbled upon an item that I absolutely had to put into my basket. No two ways about it!! This definitely needed to find it's way under some one's tree! I have never seen anything like it before, but it certainly put a grin on my face. It is called "Old Man, Marshmallow Pickled Head." Here's a photo so you can see for yourself just how fantastic it is!!!!!
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
Wow, is this not a feast of sugar, or what? Can you imagine how much fun it must have been to squish this head into the jar? Or better yet, eating all that marshmallow? (I don't know about eating all that sugar!) I just think that he's quite precious and deserves a home.
*
Now that I've tickled my humorous side, I think I'll get dressed and maybe wrap a few more packages. Till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.
*
Hugs, Edna B.

No comments: