Sunday, December 12, 2010

December 12, 2010
*
It's 5:50 am, very dark outside, and I'm still at work. The Mrs. has been sleeping soundly, and I've been catching up a bit on some of my emails. My shopping rush has finally quieted, and I'm down to one family and some Santa things to put under the tree for the dwarfs.
*
Yesterday morning I made it to the post office with my arms bulging with boxes to mail. Actually, they were all in three large plastic bags and I was trying to carry all the bags at the same time. It got a bit awkward when I had to stop to open doors (3 of them to get inside), but then a nice gentleman opened the doors for me. Sometimes it pays to be old!!
*
I was doing pretty good until the clerk said "That will be $-----"!!!!! I almost croaked, but there was a long line in back of me and it would have been very embarrassing. So I smiled and said "No problem" and handed over my money. He said "Thank you, and you have a nice day." I said "Oh I will, and I'll be back in a couple of days with more boxes."
*
I just have two boxes left to mail, and the rest I can deliver or put under the tree. I declare, next year I will have to get better organized. This last minute rush is not for me. When I was younger, I would be done with all my shopping, wrapping and packing a couple months early. But now I seem to be doing well to finish up before Santa gets here.
*
The highlight of my gifts is my new calendar for 2011. I am very pleased with how it came out. So I think next year, I will set up a separate folder for calendar photos. I can add photos to it all during the year, and hopefully, have my next calendar made up a couple of months before the holidays. That would be nice.
*
Today, I pulled out a couple of fun photos from this past summer. Even though I love watching all the birds, I must admit that some of them can be quite intimidating to the smaller birds. I know it's not nice to bully anyone (or thing) smaller than us, but I thought these photos were quite comical.
*


Now it's time for me to finish up a few things here before I start getting ready to go home. Till tomorrow, Y'all have a marvelous day.
*
Hugs, Edna B.

No comments: