Sunday, October 3, 2010

A Monday Morning Post On Sunday Night

October 3, 2010
*
It's late Sunday afternoon, and I have to go to work shortly. My heart is heavy right now. Moo is back in the hospital ER at the moment, and most likely they will admit him again. A lot of you have come to care about him, and have sent lots of good wishes for him. So I think it's time for me to fess up. As you all know, my brother has cancer, but now it has spread and is no longer controllable (for lack of a better word).

We were under the impression that we would have him with us for still a few more months, but now we are not so sure anymore. This is a rather difficult time for him and me, and the family. So bear with me if I skip posting a few days here and there. I will, however, keep you updated.

Just the other day, we were discussing a type of radiation, but now I think we have to wait to hear what the doctor has to say about whether or not it is still feasible, and what type of quality of life, if any, it will offer Moo. They have just taken another CAT scan, and hopefully I will know something a bit later tonight.

That's it for now. So for goodness sake, give someone you love a big hug and let them know you love them. Life is just so short and precious.

Hugs, Edna B.

UPDATE #1 9;43 PM. I left work and came home. Eddie is going to take me to Boston as Moo is being transported now to a hospital in Boston. The lesion in his brain is bleeding and they need to operate to try to stop the bleeding. We need a big miracle right about now. Here's hoping we are due for one.

Hugs, Edna B.

5 comments:

dee said...

its me mom-you and uncle moo have to stay strong. we are here for you for whatever you need- whenever. you know that. i love you. let's all just focus on moo now and help him through this surgery. all positive and strong thoughts. i know this sounds stupid- but i have nothing else.:( xo

Anonymous said...

I'm a fly-on-the-wall who reads your blog regularly. I love your photos, and the obvious love and joy you share in your life with others. I'm sorry to hear of the battles you and yours are handling, and wish you all strength, courage and love.

chilali

aquascrap said...

So sorry to read about the struggle your brother is having at the moment. Stay strong and I am praying for him, you and your family. Sending hugs xx
Judy

smiekeltje said...

Thinking sooo much of you and Moo at the moment! Dammned, I so hoped it wouldn't come yet to this point, but it is a tricky time now. Don;t know what to say Edna, no word can help in this situation, perhaps still it helps knowing that people care,and if you are in need of talking, you know I will be there for you! And please do so, don;t shut people out! You and Moo will need all the strenth and courage you have to get through this. It's not much to say and in fact it will not help a lot, but it's all I can think of. Sending a little prayer to "upstairs".
Big hugs
Kyra

Snowy said...

Hugs Edna , stay strong and all the best to Moo , I hope they are able to help at least a little. We are with you in our thoughts and pray for him. All the best wishes from Snowy,Erik and Shaun