Friday, October 29, 2010

A Beautiful Day For A Final Ride

October 29, 2010
*
Good morning. The sun is beginning to peek through to our yard, but it is till quite cool today. These past few days, the weather has been absolutely divine. Yesterday, we all went to the National Cemetery in Bourne, and had a wonderful service for Moo.
*
There was a lot of fog and mist at the Cape, and going over the bridge we were enveloped in a blanket fog. You could barely see a thing. Then as we came closer to the cemetery, most of the fog lifted. Folks, the cemetery is just so gorgeous. Acres and acres of lawns and softly rolling hills. An absolutely beautiful place to rest for eternity. As always, the saddest moments are when the Taps are played quietly in the background. It's sort of like a final call home. Artie, we love you. Bless you, and may you rest in peace.
*
On the long ride home, I was noticing all the beautiful foliage and colors around us. One tree in particular caught my attention. I guess it is of the evergreen family, but I don't know which one it is exactly. It was the colorful green and gold pattern that caught my eye. I tried to get a couple of photos, but it wasn't easy to get a clear shot out the side window of the limousine. If you know the name of this tree, please do let me know.
*



The other photo I want to share is one that I took shortly after 10 pm on October 23rd. You can't notice so easily in this little photo, but when it is made to a bigger size, you can see that there is an aura around the whole opening in the clouds, and it looks the doorway to heaven. I will be having this one printed and framed.
*
I have been rather scatter brained and forgetful these past few weeks. In the midst of everything that has been happening, my friend Minky's finger was crushed, and she had to undergo surgery. Please join me in sending her wishes for a speedy recovery, and do stop by her blog for a visit. You'll be in for a really wonderful treat.
*
That's it for today, folks. Sunday, I will be bringing you the new Blogroll for the November Gothic Impressions Blog Train. This train will be filled with lots of gory, scary stuff for all your Halloween photos. Then again on Monday, Miss Su and I will be offering you the last parts of our "Miss Edie" kit.
*
Now I think Audrey and Miss Tootsie and I will have a bit of breakfast. Till tomorrow, Y'all have a magnificent day.
*
Hugs, Edna B.

No comments: