Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Recycling Is Definitely The Way To Go

September 22, 2010
*
Good morning. There's a bit of a breeze outside and it's a bit nippy yet. The sun is shining though, so it will be warmer soon. Moo and his best friend left very early this morning to go fishing. I'm hoping it's not too cool by the ocean for them.
*
The work on the shed is coming along quite nicely. Everything just seems to take so much longer than normal because the buildings here are a speck on the "elder" side. You can't just put up new siding. First, you have to remove the old siding, repair whatever was under that old siding, and then you can start to put up the new stuff. But it is coming along, and it looks quite nice.

On my last couple of shopping trips, I bought some very interesting little rugs. This first rug is a shade of green, and feels quite nice to step on as you walk through the laundry room. It comes in some really nice autumn colors, and you know the best part? It is made from recycled plastic bottles. It takes 100 bottles to make each rug. I think that is quite fascinating.
*
This next little rug looks really great by the doors. I bought two of them, and they really do look great, sort of like stones. You'll never guess what they are made from. Okay, I'll tell you......old tires recycled!!! Can you believe it? Gosh, if we could get people all over the world to start manufacturing things from recycled products, wouldn't that be something?
*
Oh boy, I hear some very loud voices outside my window. It seems father and son are quite excitedly voicing their opinions and views of recent history and wars. Yup, it's Eddie and Bobby, enjoying their morning cup of coffee and verbal exchange of current world affairs.
*
It's also time to give Tootsie her morning meds, so methinks I will take my leave here, and try to get a few things done around here. Janet will be here sometime today too, and I have some chicken to cook. Till tomorrow, Y'all have a magnificent day.
*
Hugs, Edna B.

No comments: