Friday, August 6, 2010

The Rain Cometh And The Rain Goeth - Quickly!

August 06, 2010
*
Good morning everybody. The rain yesterday afternoon, all 20 minutes of it, gave us a refreshing break from the heat and oppressive humidity. But it was all back right after the rain stopped. So far this morning, it is still comfortable outdoors. The time to work and do errands is before 11 am and after 5 pm. Of course, that is not usually an option given to most of us.

My doctor appointment yesterday went well. It was just a follow up visit to see that all was well with me, orthopedically speaking. And what a treat to be able to say that nothing hurt, there was no pain, and that physically, I was having a really great day. My next visit will be on my birthday, so maybe I will bring a birthday cake with me and a cup of coffee for the good doctor.

As for the work on the house, it is coming along. Not as fast as I might have wanted, but that is okay. I'm not going anywhere for a while. It just seems that every time we start a new job, all sorts of things keep popping up. I should expect this though, considering that my house is way over a hundred years old.

Today is also sort of an "off" day. Our little world of scrapping has lost another designer and scrapper. Even when you've known it was coming for quite a long while, it still leaves you with a feeling of loss. Sad to say, but us "older" folks don't always deal well with change.
Enough of the serious stuff. I have some photos to share with you this morning. These two were taken while I was at work last weekend. The first is a young Cardinal cooling it's little feet while enjoying a refreshing drink from the bird bath.
*
The next photo speaks for itself. This year, the dragonflies don't seem to be as willing to pose for pictures. But this one sat just long enough for me to get this photo, then quickly flew away. Is it me? Doesn't he look like he is saying "Grrrrr. Leave me alone!"
*
It's 9:15 am, and my coffee is cold. I think I'll switch over to cold spring water. Time for Bonzo here to get dressed before the work crew shows up. Till tomorrow, Y'all have a wonderful day.
*
Hugs, Edna B.

No comments: