Monday, August 16, 2010

Ahhhh, Refreshing Raindrops

August 16, 2010
*
It rained most of the night, and it's still coming down lightly. To tell the truth, it really feels good after all the heat we have had. Not to mention, our lawns and gardens are desperate for a good soaking.
*
Yesterday was an okay day right up until about 4:30 pm. At that time, I had the unpleasant chore of giving notice to vacate to one of the tenants. It would be nice if he would go quietly, but I doubt he will. Some folks thrive on making others miserable.
*
Last night, after the Mrs. went to bed, I was able to finish up the Book Cover challenge. I took the story line for the back cover right out of history. This cover took me a while because I was stumped for a story. But in the end, it all came together.
*



The story line on the back cover reads: "Throughout the summer, the Wampanoug were hunted down by captain Benjamin Church's Rangers. Metacom escaped the attack, but was later captured by the British and beheaded. His wife and son were also captured and killed. Weetamo drowned while trying to escape. Her body was found, and her head was cut off and put on display. There was no place left for Anawom to hide............"
*
While I sit here typing, my little birdie friends are sitting on the hedge just outside my window. I cannot tell you how much joy I get from watching them. They are so tiny and precious. Here are two photos that I took of them yesterday afternoon. Aren't they just the sweetest little things?
*
I have more photos, but I will save them for tomorrow. Today, I have a few errands to tend to. With a bit of luck, they will actually get done. So till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.
*
Hugs, Edna B.

No comments: