Thursday, July 22, 2010

Tootsie Enjoys Her Igloo

July 22, 2010
*
What a glorious morning we have, even though the temperature is hot, hot, hot! The work crew is busy in the yard, and Moo has gone to buy paint so that we can pretty up the outside of the house a bit more. Over the years, the paint tends to get a bit shabby, but well, so don't we I suppose. That's life.

As for the new forum, the ladies have all been quite busy putting ideas and thoughts together to help make this a wonderful place. So far, it's looking great, and should be up and running within a month or two. Just in time for the closing of the old forum. This is getting to be lots of fun, and I can't wait to see it finished.

Oh, let me tell you about a lovely surprise I got in the mail yesterday. My friend Rhoda is such a lovely, thoughtful person. She saw this, thought of me, and got if for me. Thank you Rhoda. I do not have these stamps. Although it is a little known fact, I do have a small stamp collection, and I DO love Elvis Presley. So thank you, thank you.
*
Ever wonder how really smart your pets are? Watch them closely sometime. They are amazingly smart and resourceful. On these hot days, my Tootsie has found a marvelous way to keep cool. The dehumidifier sends a stream of cool air down along the side of the recliner chair. I have a card table set up by the corner of the chair. So Tootsie uses this as a sort of igloo, and spends a lot of time in here keeping cool.
*
Sometimes Uncle Moo will bring along one of his pillows and crawl in with Tootsie, and they will take a refreshing nap together. Of course, when Moo leaves the room, Tootsie confiscates his pillow for herself. She's all for being comfortable. Here's a photo of her chilling out in her igloo.
*
Oh, and one more bit of news. Moo and I went to court yesterday, and got temporary guardianship for Howie. Now we can proceed to looking into nursing facilities to find a good one for him. It will be nice to finally get him settled somewhere. Here's hoping the search does not take too long.
*
That's it for today. I slept late this morning, and now have to get caught up with things here. Till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.
*
Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

smiekeltje said...

Yes, pets can be smart if they wish to! You should try to make a pic when Moo is with Tootsie in the iglo, LOL!
Good to hear that you have already temporarily guardianship for Howie. Hope you soon will find a nice home for him.
Oh, I didn;t know actually that you collect stamps. Do you have any particular subject or so? I have a collection too, started that years and years ago, and now they are just laying in albums, already long time I don;t buy new ones.
Going to add a bit to a new kit I started, hope I have a bit of inspiration.
Have a beautiful day
Hugs
Kyra