Friday, July 9, 2010

That Man Is Dangerous With A Lawnmower!

July 9, 2010
*
It's 8:40 a.m. and it's already way too hot. Phew!! Isn't this something? We (probably mostly me) complain all winter long about the cold and wanting summer to get here, and when summer does get here, it's so darn hot that all we do is complain about the heat. It's sort of like you can't win for losing. I guess the best part is that we are still here and able to do the complaining!!

Yesterday was a long hot noisy day. But it was a good noise. As the chipper machine cranked out it's loud noise, the yard had less and less branches on the ground. Now we have mounds of chipped wood instead. Hmmm. I guess the guys will know how to disperse these.

At the end of the day, my son in law was attempting to clean up the debris in the driveway by using his lawnmower to blow it away. However, the billowing clouds of dirt and dust that he was creating was a bit much and I asked him to just leave the debris where it was. At least I had the good sense to run in the house and grab my camera. Here is a layout that I made with some of the photos of Eddie "mowing" the debris. I also used this layout for a challenge at GDS.
*





















Pretty soon, the chipper machine will be groaning away again for about another hour before it gets picked up and taken away. You know, by the time these guys get done in my yard, I might even be able to plant some grass. WooHoo! I haven't seen any grass here in years. Just pine needles and pine cones.
*
Today, unfortunately, I do have to go out for a bit later this morning. It's time to pick up our meds, and I have to stop at the post office to mail a little box. Not to fear though. My car's AC works just fine.
*
Today I will see about making new layouts with photos from yesterday's work. I do have a couple of photos to share that shows what a good portion of my yard looks like. Here's one of a really pretty tree.
*

*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
And here's another to show what that whole area (and the rest of my property) looks like. Is it no wonder why I don't like to cut down any of these trees?
*











I can hear the chipper machine groaning away outside so I think it's time to put some clothes on and get started on my new day here. Till tomorrow, Y'all have a wonderful day.
*
Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

Snowy said...

mama mia,lovely trees,but ...how bloody big is your yard??? lol- love the LO with the lawnmower-your son in law looks like he's a real mischievious guy.Still at work- but only 4 hours to go and I'm off for a few day -yipppieeeeeee.......