Saturday, July 3, 2010

A Lifetime Of Kisses In Just Two Weeks

July 3, 2010
*
It's early yet, but today promises to be quite warm. Starting tomorrow, the scorchers will be back. Yuk! Can't do much in that heat. Hopefully I can get out this morning to do a couple of errands before it gets too hot.

I didn't do much on the computer yesterday, just fooled around a bit turning photos to black and white. One of the challenges I am working on is about different techniques for turning colored photos to black and white. This is a robin photo I am working on. I'm not really sure if I like this black and white stuff. I remember when I was a little girl, it was all we had.
*
My next photo, taken a few days ago, is of my little girl. She's sitting in her bed, waiting for me to get ready to leave for her chemo appointment. Note how tickled pink she looks? This is definitely not one of her favorite places to go. Even with a scowl, she's adorable!!
*
I heard an interesting trivia fact on the TV yesterday. Did you know that the average person spends 20,000 minutes of their life kissing? Think about that. That means that we all spend just under two full weeks doing nothing but kissing. Somehow that just doesn't seem right. Seems to me that in just our youth alone, we spend more than two weeks kissing. Hmmmmmm.
*
Now that I have your attention, I have a lovely surprise for you. Moo's birthday is in a couple of weeks, and I bought him a nice little point and shoot camera which I gave to him a bit early. This way he had time to play with it to see if he liked it. Well I must say that so far, he is taking some rather nice photos with it. Last night, he and Erik went for a ride to the beach to watch the sunset. Here is one of the photos that Moo took. It's just beautiful!!
*
It's 8:30 now, and the sun is getting brighter, so I think it's time for me to get dressed and maybe go out to do my errands. Enjoy yourselves tonight and tomorrow night while you are all watching those beautiful fireworks. I'll be working and will be missing them.
*
Don't forget to scroll back to the July 1 post for the Blog Train links. Today I have a freebie for you just in time for scrapping some of the weekend photos. I hope you like it. Till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.
*
Hugs, Edna B.
*
"QP - 038"

1 comment:

Snowy said...

oh wow ! The talent to make great photos must be running in your family-love the picture Moo took! Keep them coming ! Just looking at it makes we wish I could have been there. The colours of the sky are simply stunning.Only two weeks kissing in a whole life... well... will have to do something about that and top that, he he hehe :) Have a great 4th of July ,Edna -hugs Snowy