Tuesday, July 6, 2010

I Was Scolded By A Dragonfly

July 6, 2010
*
Good morning everyone. A good night's sleep does wonders for the psyche. Although this morning Miss Tootsie and I got up somewhere around 4:30 because I got a nasty cramp in my leg and had to finally try to walk it off. Damn! I hate those things! Usually I get a warning and I can take my meds, but this one just smacked me good.

If you sent me emails in the last few days before last night, then any responses will have to wait until my laptop has it's internet back. The only mails I have access to are the ones from last night on, and they are on my PC.

I used some of my time this morning to do a bit of reading in my camera book. But I think that I really need a hands on set of classes to fully understand my camera and all the things that it can do. There are so many things that I would love to try, but I don't always understand what the book is saying. Mayhaps today I will look up some local camera clubs to see if there is any help out there.

I also took a little time and transferred some of this weekend's photos over to a thumb drive so that I can share them here. I just love those little thumbdrives!! Later today Wayne will be coming by and hopefully my woes will be taken care of. If not, Wayne says that I can buy a little wi-fi USB stick that will do the job. If I end up going shopping for one of those, then I think I will also pick up another portable external drive for my laptop. That I can definitely use!!

My little girl seems to be feeling quite a bit better now. Maybe the mix of chemo and the hot temperatures just got to her. I hope that's all it was. At this moment, there is a little bird sitting outside my window on the AC, and he (or she) is chirping to beat the band. It's music for my ears.

Now for some photos. I spotted a dragonfly up high on a metal pipe and tried to photograph him. With the sun bright in my face, the photos were not as good as I had hoped, but I will share some of them anyway. In this first photo, it looks as though the dragonfly is laughing at me.
*
In this next photo, it looks as if he has some food in his mouth and is enjoying his snack.
*
And, in this last photo, it looks as if he is annoyed with me and is giving me a piece of his mind.
*
Just a little further away, on a butterfly bush, there was a lovely little butterfly sipping on some delicious nectar. (At least I think it's probably delicious to the butterfly!)
*
Amazing how the heat doesn't seem to be affecting these tiny creatures. It about took my breath away just trying to get these few photos. Later, when I opened my car door to head for home, the heat smacked me right in the face and almost stopped my breath. It took a few minutes and an icy cold bottle of water to settle me down.
*
I have more freebies coming your way, but they will have to wait just a bit while I'm dealing with juggling stuff back and forth between the laptop and the PC. Speaking of freebies, give yourselves a treat and stop in to visit my friend Kyra. http://smiekeltje.blogspot.com. Her freebie today is an adorable memory card game that you can print out and play with your little ones. I tell you, this little lady's creativity is just awesome!! And don't forget to say thank you when you download.
*
Well that's it for this morning. It's time to put on some clothes and make another cup of coffee. Till tomorrow, Y'all stay cool, and have a marvelous day.
*
Hugs, Edna B.

No comments: