Sunday, July 4, 2010

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!!!

July 4, 2010
*
Tis a gorgeous morning so far, but it promises to be a real scorcher in another hour or so. Actually the temperatures will be scorchers for most of the week. Guess I'll be staying in a lot. lol. I seem to have lost the internet on my laptop so I'll be doing my "web stuff" on my PC till the laptop is fixed.

Of course, that means that I spend more time designing when I'm using the laptop. So, last night I managed to finish four challenges. Three for GDS and one for Magickal Scraps. For the Quote Challenge at MS, I used Moo's photo of the sunset with part of a beautiful Apache Blessing.
*








Next I did the Photo Challenge at GDS, turning photos to B&W. It was actually quite fun, so I did two layouts. The first one is one of my Tiger Lilies. Credits for the kit used on both layouts, "Almost Spring," goes to Helen Ehrenhofer of GDS.
*
And of course, I showed you my busy little robin before . Here it is in my challenge layout.
*
Next, I did the GDS Color Challenge. The color palette was just beautiful, all soft colors. The kits that I used were again by Helen E. "Tuscan Days" and "Kits from Cards." They are old kits, but I still love using them. The photo of this magnificent giraffe was taken by daughter Audrey. Isn't he just a handsome fella?
*
Last night, at work, the Mrs. and I kept looking over the tree tops in hopes of seeing some of the local fireworks, but no such luck. We could hear them, but that was all. I even had the tripod and camera set up on her back patio just in case. Ah well, I'll just have to wait for the fair to get here.
*
I did manage to get a few nice photos in the garden, but I'll save them for another day. My little girl is not feeling so good these last couple of days. All she wants is for me to hold her and to cuddle. I hope this is not a bad omen. I just gave her a pain pill and a couple of little treats for just because. Maybe some night this week, I can take her for a walk along a nearby beach. I think she might like that.
*
Well that's it for now. I want to spend some time with my Tootsie before we have to take a nap. Till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.
*
Hugs, Edna B.

No comments: