Sunday, July 11, 2010

Gloriously Orange Tiger Lilies

July 11, 2010
*
Good morning to all on this lovely sunny morning. It's 8:45 and it's starting to warm up a bit. If it weren't for the humidity, the heat would be tolerable. But it gets very difficult to breath with extreme heat and high humidity.

My Tootsie is smart. She found a nice cool little space by the recliner that sits in front of the AC, and that's where she spends quite a bit of time. My AC has a de-humidifier in it so that's what I run. It keeps the place cool without having to turn on the AC.

It's rather quiet outside this morning. The work crew has the weekend off so there is no hustle and bustle going on. I'm really hoping that in the end, the yard will look nice and that I'll be able to plant lots of bulbs and flowering bushes. At my last house, the yard was smaller but I had grass and beautiful blooms everywhere. Most of all I think I miss my lilacs. Hmmmmm, maybe I can plant new lilacs here soon. That would definitely be nice.

I do have beautiful orange Tiger Lilies scattered here and there, and today I can share a couple photos of them. This first photo was rather interesting because one of the blossoms was in the shade and the other was in full sun.
*





This next lily was also in the sun, but it's so pretty that I just had to take it's photo too.
*
Last night I tried out another point and shoot camera. I took photos of the sky, the flowers, and a panorama shot of the open field across the street. I was not excited about any of the photos and erased all of them. It seems that the more the little camera costs, the harder it is to figure out what's where and what's what. And to top it all off, there is no little manual included in the box.
*
I spent hours trying to find where the different shooting modes were hidden, and still I could not figure out how to use them. When the flash came on, it was bright red and nearly blinded whomever the camera was aimed at. I found that using the zoom increased the noise in the photo to the point of displeasure.
*
I think this is sad because I really wanted to get me a point and shoot to carry around in my purse. Some times when I don't have my Canon with me, I lose some nice photo opportunities. You know though, if that's all I'm worried about at the moment, then I'm okay.
*
I'll be needing to take a nap shortly, but before I leave you I will post a little mini kit freebie for you. This kit matches the one I posted for the July 1 blog train. If any of you still need to download parts from the blog train, check on the side of my blog to the first posting in July. It will be up through the 14th of this month. Then most of the links will become inactive.
*
Enjoy this little kit. Till tomorrow, Y'all stay cool and have a marvelous day.
*
Hugs, Edna B.
*
"Freedom Rings" mini kit

2 comments:

Snowy said...

beautiful lillies -love them! Edna, try the little camera I have, kodak Easy Share - it has a little dial at the top and each mode is displayed on the sreen, plus for zooming there is a bar on the screen , as long as you stay in the whte you get clear pictures, if you go too far and into the orange, it will not be a clear image, it does bright scenes, landscape, close-up, night,sport ie.moving scenes and a lot more, for such a small thing it really is good value.Mine is already 4 years old, I'm sure the newer ones might even have improved features. And it even fits into coat pockets,lol, All of my photos are shot with that little thing- outside photos turn out a lot better than inside though, but that's a small handicap -I take most pictures outside anyway -Hugs Snowy
http://www.amazon.com/Kodak-EasyShare-Digital-Camera-Optical/dp/B000NOSUB4

Anonymous said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the DigiFree category today [11 Jul 12:00pm GMT]. Thanks, Maria