Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Warm Memories

June 22, 2010
*
It's almost "Good afternoon" but Tootsie and I have been busy this morning. She had an appointment at the hospital for another blood test and a regular check up. The doctor was not happy with the results from the last bloodwork so her meds will be changed a bit to see if it will help.

It's getting quite warm outside, so today will probably be another scorcher. I remember when we were just children and how we loved to pop the "tar bubbles" on the street when the summer temperatures rose. Back then, the streets were paved with tar. Most of us children ran barefoot a lot during the summer, so naturally we were "popping" tar bubbles with our bare toes. I don't suppose I have to tell you that this would earn us a spanking from our mothers. It was not easy to wash the tar off our feet.

Times have changed so much from when I was a little girl. I was fortunate to be growing up during the 40's and 50's. Life was so much simper and safer back then. Before I was thirteen years old, I was privvy to the "party line" telephone, the victrola, the invention of the television, and I think even the 45 rpm record player. (The 45 record player may have come the following year, I'm not positive.)

We did not have vans, we rode in "beach wagons." They had wood (or wood veneer) trims on the doors and dashboards. I poked around Google to find a picture of a beach wagon. Notice the sun visor? I wonder why we don't still have them on our cars today. They would certainly be handy when the sun is very bright. (I blacked out the numbers on the plate for obvious reasons.)






Wasn't that a nice walk down memory lane? I love these flashbacks. Now how about some photos. The other day I took lots of photos while it was raining. It fascinates me to try capturing raindrops. Walking through a garden in the rain (or right after the rain) is rather like walking through an art gallery. There is so much beauty there.
*
I know, I know, now I'm starting to sound like I'm not cooking on all burners. But try it sometime, and if you are lucky you will see all the beautiful things that I see. I call this first photo the "Raindrop Catcher." I find it quite soothing to look at.
*
This next photo is simply called "The Raindrop." It was such a perfect little raindrop.
*









Tomorrow, I promise I'll get back to the birds and the flowers photos. It's just that every now and then it's nice to take pictures outside the box. It's even nicer to share these fun pictures.
*
Now it's time to make lunch for my little Tootsie. She's been sitting here patiently so that I could write this post first and now it's her time. So till tomorrow, Y'all have a magnificent day.
*
Hugs, Edna B.

No comments: