Sunday, June 27, 2010

Pink And Pretty

June 27, 2010
*
Good morning, and a gorgeous morning it is!! At least so far! It's early, and I've just got home from work. The temperature is already about 81 degrees. Tomorrow is supposed to be in the 90's. None of this figures in the heat index.

Gosh, do you realize that next weekend we'll be celebrating Independence Day here in the U.S.A.? There will be lots of parades and fireworks, and the county fairs should be starting. This year I think I will try to photograph the fireworks. It all depends on whether or not I'm working the nights the fireworks displays are scheduled.

I have some nice flower photos to share today. This first photo was taken by DIL Janet in her garden. She's getting quite good with her camera. It's a very pretty Mallow, which is such a delicate flower. Note the star openings in the center of the flower.
*





















These next photos are mine. This rather unusual looking flower is one that I don't have a name for, and neither did Janet. So if any of you know it's name, please leave a comment and let me know.
*





















And what would a pretty garden without these beauties. I believe this pink pretty is a Lupine.
*


*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
I think I've found some photography workshops for this Fall that are not too far away, and are very affordable. They offer everything from beginners to advanced, and a whole day of photo manipulation. So now I'm looking forward to some fun in the Fall.
*
Now it's time to wrap up my parts of the July DD kit for Magickal Scraps, and get them uploaded. This is another fabulous kit that you won't want to miss. It's also time to make myself a cup of coffee and play with Tootsie for a while. Till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantastic day.
*
Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

Snowy said...

oooowhhhh- love the pink flowers-specially you DIL's , it's so pretty ! I'm jealous ,lol- would love to do a photography workshop as well, but need a proper camera first.No use with my little thing.Football to watch now and then get busy with the rest of the DD tonight as well-Hugs Snowy